Denver Urban Renewal Authority is seeking an Accountant/Analyst to join our four-person Finance team. We manage a portfolio of Tax Increment Finance (TIF) bonds, TIF reimbursement obligations, and affordable housing programs, so you will have an opportunity to assist with the accounting for a variety of unique projects that positively impact the Denver community. This is a great chance to gain valuable experience with GASB and single audits, while assisting with financial analysis, reporting and forecasting. Key job functions include:
· Accounts payable and accounts receivable, including documentation, entry and reporting
· Processing payroll and completing monthly timesheet analysis
· Conducting program-specific and general budget analysis
· Supporting the development of financial statements and other reports
· Assisting with cash flow and financial projections
· Participating in annual audit preparation and annual budget development
· Managing department recordkeeping and filing systems
If you have the following skills and experience, we’d love to hear from you:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· One to three years of accounting work and/or internship experience
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
· Interest in or experience with governmental accounting standards, auditing procedures, and/or federally funded programs
· Exceptional attention to detail, solid written and verbal communication skills, and strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to requests for information
· Ability to cultivate positive working relationships throughout the organization
· Advanced proficiency in MS Office in general, and Excel in particular
· Some experience with Sage 50 Accounting software or equivalent a plus
· A desire to be part of a great team
We offer a competitive benefit and salary package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 10 paid holidays plus one personal day, vacation and sick leave, RTD EcoPass and a 401(a) retirement plan. The selected applicant must successfully complete a pre-employment background screening. DURA participates in E-Verify.
Please visit https://renewdenver.org/employment/ for a complete job description.
Salary DOE. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. No phone calls please.