- Posted: over a month ago
Job Announcement #2022_17
Job Title: Events Manager
Reports To: Senior Director of Events
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $60,000 to $65,000 Expected Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)What’s the job?
The Events Manager works as part of team to plan events. Manager will spend approximately 80 percent of time planning and executing complex events and approximately 20 percent of time on marketing, promotion, and coordinating sponsors, tickets and tables for events. Our events team manages over 40 events per year ranging from 20-1,300 people.What will you do?
Serve as primary planner for all event logistics of assigned events within the Chamber’s annual event
calendar, including, but not limited to:
- Serve as end-to-end lead on all event logistics
- Conducting site visits and securing event venues
- Negotiating contracts with venues and vendors
- Developing theme and content for events
- Speaker selection and content coordination
- Working closely with communications team to develop marketing materials and promotional efforts for each event
- Coordinating event ticket and table sales
- Managing event budgets
- Tracking and fulfilling event sponsorship benefits
- Managing event set-up, execution, and tear down
- Volunteer management
- Developing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships with a focus on high quality customer service
- Serve as a resource across the organization as an event expert and assist with training and mentorship of team members as needed
- Additional duties as required by event
Research event opportunities that will result in increased profitability and attendance growth:
- Work with team members to research and develop lists of attendee prospects
- Monitor attendance goals and work towards increasing event attendance
- Identify new sponsorship benefit opportunities and work with team to improve/increase sponsor return on investment
- Identify areas where cutting expenses or establishing trades could result in increased profitability
- Manage RFP process to ensure vendor opportunities are open to entire membership base
- Conduct and review event surveys to ensure satisfaction and target improvement opportunities
- Research event trends and competitor events to find new, unique ideas that can be applied to Denver Metro Chamber events
Database accuracy and file organization:
- Manage event web pages and maintain accuracy of all information
- Ensure that event registration is open and closed in a timely manner
- Keep precise records of conversations and sales updates through existing CRM database
- Work with team members to ensure that all invoices have been created, sent and payment is collected in timely manner while monitoring event sales
- Coordinate with sales department on membership status and event eligibility
- Conduct post-event follow-up and reconciliation
- Organize event files on network drives and keep history of all event-related files and materials
- Two to four years of experience in event or meeting planning, event sales, event marketing and/or hospitality.
- Prior event or meeting planning experience; corporate events a plus
- Proven experience managing complex events
- Ability to work autonomously to accomplish job duties
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Understanding of both revenue and expense sides of event budgets
- Experience with sponsorships and event sales
- Experience in marketing for events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert organization skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of business/non-profit communities a plus
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Blackthorn Events a plus
- We are rooted in the Community
- We tackle challenges that protect our Members and Community
- We seek out ideas that make us better
- We support those around us with care and transparency
- We work hard and play hard
- Equipment to be used includes a PC-based network system with Internet and Intranet capabilities, phones, and copiers.
- Physical requirements of the job include sitting at a desk (70% of the time); lifting up to 20 pounds may be required to perform the job duties.
- Normal work hours at the Chamber are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Working hours can fluctuate depending on timing of events.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply to join the DMCC family today!
Qualified applicants please apply here Events Manager no later than the close of business July 15, 2022. Please let us know how you heard about the position. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
*Please note this description is not inclusive of all of what the role may entail.
Denver Metro Chamber Benefits Summary
Updated January 2022
DMCC has created a workplace culture that allows our team to focus on doing excellent work, knowing that they have good care. Get a sneak peek below into our caring benefits and perks offered at the Chamber:
We partner with the following carriers:
- Kaiser Permanente Gold HMO or HD Medical Plans
- Rx Coverage
- Delta Dental PPO
- VSP vision care
- Rocky Mountain Reserve / spending accounts Details of these plans are available upon request. 401k Retirement Benefits
DMCC offers a 401K retirement plan to all benefits-eligible employees, and the best news is that staff can start contributing immediately. Employees become fully vested at the 2-
year anniversary of their start date, and DMCC matches 100% of the first 4% of employee contributions.
DMCC knows that taking time away is key to maintaining a healthy and balanced staff. DMCC provides Paid Time Off to staff who work at least 24 hours/week. We offer paid STD/LTD and up to 12 weeks of unpaid family and medical leave, domestic abuse leave, and military leave. We also offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
DMCC recognizes twelve full paid holidays and one floating holiday each year.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Spending Account (HSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
DMCC offers Spending Accounts to all regular full-time and regular part-time staff who consistently work at least 24 hours per week. An FSA is a benefit allowing eligible employees to set aside a specific pre-tax dollar amount for unreimbursed medical, dental, vision, and dependent care expenses.
Cell Phone Reimbursement DMCC reimburses staff to keep us connected via phone. This reimbursement is added to your biweekly paycheck, which means you reap the benefits with ease.
DMCC offers additional benefits to support our staff in unique ways. Providing long-term disability coverage, short term disability coverage, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance for all benefits-eligible staff; we pay 100% of these costs for our staff. We also provide an Employee Assistance Program, Addiction coaching program for staff and families, Life
Planning, Financial and Legal Resources, just to note a few.
Because of our commitment to fair, and equitable pay, we are guided by pay
transparency. Meaning, we set salary ranges based on competitive market data. Our intent is to be up- front with all candidates about the salary range for their role so candidates can be confident that they are receiving competitive wages.
Denver Metro Chamber Of Commerce
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Denver Metro Chamber Of Commerce