Mitchell Communications Group is a full-service, award-winning public relations firm creating real connections between businesses, brands and people. As the PR flagship of the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the fastest-growing agency networks in the world, Mitchell is connected to more than 300 offices operating in more than 145 countries.
Mitchell is growing our LocalLink Network which includes several PR professionals currently located in 12 different markets across the country who work on pitching and media relations projects as the need arises. We are expanding our network to include a broader array of PR professionals in additional markets. This position will interact regularly with client service team members and other LocalLink employees.
Mitchell LocalLink employees enjoy flexible work schedules that you can tailor to your needs. We contact you when we have appropriate project work, and you are free to accept or decline any projects offered to you. We only ask that if you accept an assignment, you agree to complete the assignment as requested.
Job Title:Mitchell - PR Specialist
- Pitching and coordinating with local media on stories and interviews, developing media lists, and tracking results using online tools and resources
- Writing and editing press releases and other media materials following AP style rules and other journalistic preferences, to include writing feature stories for newsletters and websites.
- Creating compelling story angles and message points
- Managing content of regular media reports and managing results through tracking and reporting processes
- Understanding and working with various target audience groups, implementing communication activities to effectively reach these groups
- Planning and implementing special events on occasion
- A minimum of 4-5 years of public relations or related experience and knowledgeable of the local media landscape
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including knowledge of AP style and journalistic preferences
- Strong understanding of media and solid pitching experience
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work well independently and in a virtual team environment
- Reliable, deadline and detail-oriented
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to handle multiple tasks/projects
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please apply* online.
*Note: Candidates selected for interviews may be asked to participate in a writing exercise to demonstrate skill and experience.
Mitchell Communications Groupis an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We also participate in E-Verify. In 2018, Mitchell was named as one of the Best Places to Work in Arkansas by Arkansas Business and Best Companies Group. In 2017, Mitchell was recognized by the PR Council in partnership with PRWeek as Best PR Firm Diversity Initiative - Honorable Mention during the annual Diversity Distinction in PR Awards in New York City.
Time Type:Part time