Global Technical Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Responsibilities and Duties:
To provide members of the Global team with technical assistance, advice and where necessary training with hardware & software environments including but not limited to desktop/laptops (Windows and Mac), IP Telephony system & AV Video Conference systems. To assist with supporting Global AV events (virtual and on-site).
- Provide user support and resolution during and out of North America Time Zone of 1st/2nd line technical issues, including basic training on both hardware & software incidents.
- Answer, log & solve calls relating to technology hardware, software, network, printer and telephony incidents that are reported via telephone or email on the call logging software.
- Provide support for virtual and on-site meeting events
- Monitor the Global team queue for incidents ensuring all issues raised and dealt with in an effective & efficient manner, where possible ensuring these incidents do not breech agreed SLA.
- Continue to develop a sound understanding of all skills required for the role in an effort to continuously improve the services offered by the Global IT team, in line with the level of responsibility of the role
- Setup and configure IT and AV equipment as required for both internal and client facing events
- Test new software and hardware, perform installations and updates for all IT equipment including desktops & laptops
- Be aware of technologies, ITIL processes & procedures in use within the department and update where necessary.
- Build & re-build of IT equipment with an understanding of imaging software
- Available to travel to different locations when needed and be available for support 24x7x365 when needed.
- Support level 3 team with testing and deploying of new technologies
- Adhere to duties as assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position
- Deliver supplemental or boot camp training, to members of the local office on an as needed basis to back up our firm wide training team
Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent Client Service skills in fast moving, high pressure and dynamic environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take ownership of issues.
- Experience with Lenovo, Dell, HP, Mac products and both Windows and Mac OS operating systems.
- Experience with Xerox and Canon Copiers.
- Experience supporting of wireless devices such as but not limited to: Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Windows Mobile, and Android devices.
- Experience with imaging laptops and desktops.
- Experience with latest virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, Cisco WebEx, ON24
- Light Training Experience.
This role offers a wide variety of work in a small, hardworking team. Ideal for those who are looking to be leaders in the industry & are enthusiastic to learn. The successful candidate would ideally have an IT background with either College/University computing qualifications and has an investigative approach to problems. Also candidate who has previous experience with supporting C-Level users.
An excellent self-motivated team player, able to work under pressure and without supervision. A good communicator at all levels, tactful, diplomatic & reliable.
- Excellent Telephone manner and general communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to follow and create procedural documentation
- Experience of Call Logging applications
- Strong problem solving skills with an analytical mindset
- Sound knowledge of all of MS Office 2000 - 2010 suites
- Knowledge and experience of Windows and Mac OS operating systems
- Knowledge of User Administration via Active Directory
- Experience of Documentation Management software
- Knowledge of the legal business
- Technology / support qualifications
- Use of scripting methodologies
- Basic knowledge of networking, switches etc
- Knowledge of IP Telephony
Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all.
Reward and Recognition
Remuneration and benefits package will reflect the successful candidates experience and country where hired.
TechnologyView all jobs at Dentons