Projects Assistant / Office Assistant Landscape
Dentco DeWitt, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you have commercial landscape or maintenance experience? Proficient with Microsoft Office? Looking to change directions from outdoor work to an office position? We want to speak with you!
We offer an excellent culture, access to great benefits, 401K, and paid time off just to name a few of the great benefits at Dentco!
We are a rapidly growing national company looking for Dynamic Professionals to join our Team. We were recently named one of Michigan's coolest places to work by Crain's Detroit Business.
Job Title: Project Assistant
FLSA Status: Non Exempt Hourly
This position is responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the overall functions relating to the optimal presentation of Project Work Orders from start to finish ensuring customer satisfaction relative to pricing, accuracy, scope of work and meet specific SLO’s.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and reviews estimates for accuracy, updates status within proprietary software program and updates Project Manager.
- Assists with creating work orders from customer requests and finding qualified contractors to bid the work.
- Assists with processing project work orders as required.
- Engages in discussion with Contractor Partners regarding estimates, pictures, paperwork as required to ensure we meet our SLO timeframes.
- Enter estimate received into customer proprietary software, as needed.
- Assist with reviewing Work Orders for verbiage accuracy and ensures that verbiages matches the pricing and that scope of work coordinates with supporting digital pictures.
- Ensures all documentation i.e. paperwork, pictures etc is attached correctly into proprietary software program.
- Assists with dispatching approved work orders to contractors and obtains a scheduled completion date from Contractors.
- Request Work Order Base contracts to send with work order if contractor not assigned to sites or current status.
- After completion of work order follow up with contractor and track for receipt of WOV and invoices to ensure we meet our invoicing SLO.
- Source contractors for Project work orders, obtain all relevant paperwork to meet Dentco business requirements.
- Assists with monitoring and handling contractor payments to and from the customer, then to the Contractor.
- Assists with obtaining and compliance with current code ordinances, permitting and water restrictions within the industry that may affect Work Orders.
- Advise of work order process enhancements in writing including reason, format and benefit of change to the WODM.
- Attends weekly review meetings with Projects Team to ensure all Projects are on task and assists with scheduling.
- Maintain good housekeeping of records within our database as directed by WODM.
- Support and assists in training of new team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 2 years in horticulture or a business related field or equivalent professional commercial landscape experience required.
- Previous experience in initiating and processing customer service requests beyond the scope of the contract.
- Demonstrated experience in estimating commercial landscape projects
- Previous experience in the direct recruitment, hiring, and managing of subcontractors.
- Demonstrated experience in employee relations, communication, and problem-solving.
- Working knowledge of landscape and snow removal industry is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills including the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Two years of experience in the management of landscape and snow removal services.
- Prior experience with pricing commercial landscape and snow removal services.
- Prior experience with OSHA compliance and regulations.
- Professional certification in an industry-related field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The individual will engage in sitting, standing, walking on a regular basis. The individual will use manual dexterity and visual acuity on a regular basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The individual must be able to work in a standard office setting. Occasional outdoor work is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BusinessView all jobs at Dentco