Dental Technologies Inc Lincolnwood, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $100,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
Job Title: Production Manager
Reports To: Vice President
Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
• Implement and control the production schedule.
• Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and maintain production department.
• Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
• Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
• Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
• Develops or revises standard operational and working practices (Manufacturing Work Instructions) and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
• Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Human Resources for action.
• Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data. Continuously monitors team member activities to ensure adherence to policies and procedures regarding quality, sanitation and process control standards.
• Writes, maintains and enforces Safety Policies.
• Tracks and evaluates waste and downtime with reduction recommendations. Makes recommendations to improve work environment.
Directly supervises all production personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor Degree required; Chemical Engineering preferred; 3+ years of supervisory experience in a non-sterile pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred.
Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Able to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Production Planner is an exempt position that is paid semimonthly. Pay rate will be dependent on a number of factors including but not limited to knowledge, skills, and experience.
Dental Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.,
Dental Technologies IncWhy Work Here?
Professional quality driven environment with a caring family atmosphere.
Dental Technologies, Inc. is a company specializing in the research, formulation, compounding and packaging of dental, orthodontic and oral pharmaceutical products. Some products include dental restoratives, core build-ups, bonding agents, orthodontic adhesives, prophylaxis paste, fluoride treatments, toothpaste and varnishes. Dental Technologies maintains the ISO 13485:2016 quality system and employs more than 70 people, with research at the focus of our strategy. Dental Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to excellence in research & development, manufacturing, in-depth testing, efficient packaging, and personalized service. With process control experts committed to the highest level of integrity, quality, and service, Dental Technologies, Inc. ensures risk free product manufacturing - See more at: www.dentaltech.com/
6901 N Hamlin AveLincolnwood, IL