The Dental Insurance Coordinator is a key member and contributor to the success of the Practice. This “attention to detail” position provides in depth support for all insurance related duties of the office. This position is responsible for the coordination and processing of insurance payments, verifications, all billing, coordination of benefits, and ongoing communications with insurance carriers. Great interpersonal skills are required to build rapport with the patients, staff and insurance carriers.
- Processes all insurance billings for patient services.
- Responsible for insurance verifications and accurate communications to staff and patients regarding the insurance coverage.
- Coordinates and process payments from insurance carriers and troubleshoots any issues related to these payments.
- Ensures coordination of benefits are accurate and considered as part of the financial planning.
- Serves as a liaison between insurance carriers, staff and patients to resolve any concerns and maintain a positive working relationship.
- Ensures all insurance related duties are completed in a timely and accurate manner to ensure excellent patient relations and financial success for the Practice.
- Achieves revenue goals by effectively managing collections and receivables, specialty referral process, insurance billing and miscellaneous operations expenses
- Manages and assists designated office team members with appropriate payment and insurance processes
- Makes definite financial agreements with each patient in accordance with office policy
- 1-2 years dental insurance/billing experience is required.
- Knowledge in federal and state regulations
- Accuracy and organization are a must
- Familiarity with financial plans, PPO, Medicaid
- Strong capability with Microsoft Office applications
- Eaglesoft experience helpful