Calling All Dental Hygienists!
Dental Depot DFW Lewisville, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
ALL ABOARD Hygienists! Whether you are fresh out of school or an experienced pro- WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU!
Dental Depot is a family owned, patient centered dental practice that began 40 years ago in OK and has grown to 20+ locations in five states, with over $60 million in revenue. Our DFW locations include Little Elm, The Colony, Highland Village and our new office in Lewisville, opening this summer.
The Dental Depot is seeking a Dental Hygienist who has excellent skills as well as the ability to create positive and trusting relationships with patients- the kind of relationships that keep patients coming back!
Position responsibilities include:
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments and/or ultrasonic technology and/or laser therapy.
- Record and review patient medical histories.
- Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal pockets and signs of gum disease.
- Feel and visually examine gums for sores and signs of disease.
- Take periapical, bitewing and panoramic x-rays.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Maintain dental equipment and sharpen and sterilize dental instruments.
- Feel lymph nodes under patient's chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer.
- Provide clinical services or health education to improve and maintain the oral health of patients or the general public.
- Apply fluorides or other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Maintains the patient recall system.
- Remove excess cement from coronal surfaces of teeth.
- Conduct dental health clinics for community groups to augment services of dentist.
- Examine for signs of OSA.
- Make impressions for whitening trays.
- Helps to ensure smooth flow of the restorative schedule by aiding in the break-down, sterilization, and set up of the operatories throughout the day, assisting in the upkeep of the periodontal treatments as needed while the patient is in the doctor’s chair.
- Complies with: Dental Depot policies and procedures; OSHA policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; and HIPAA policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Position may be required to relocate to other Dental Depot clinics either permanently or on a short term basis due to office needs, on an as needed basis at the discretion of Management.
- Ability to work rotating saturdays
- This position may complete other Administrative and Maintenance tasks as assigned by Management.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Current State of Texas Dental Hygiene License
- Dental Software and Microsoft Office knowledge
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- Current OSHA/HIPAA Certification
- One+ years of clinical dental hygiene experience
- Current Laser Certification
Dental Depot offers competitive compensation, benefits plans, PTO and holiday pay, 401(k), and discounted dental services. We also offer best-in-class dental education courses for all employees at no cost. Our plans for rapid growth in DFW means that there will be opportunities for growth- both personally and professionally.
Join Dental Depot and make an…
I ntegrity. M astery. P ositivity. A ccountability. C ompassion. T rust.
…on your career, on your values, on your future!
#weIMPACTlives To learn more about Dental Depot visit- https://dentaldepotdfw.com/about-dental-depot/
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dental Depot DFW
HealthcareView all jobs at Dental Depot DFW