The Hygiene Assistant will provide support and assistance to Doctors, Hygienists, and Dental Assistants in the clinical areas of the office.
JOIN OUR ORGANIZATION...
D4C Dental Brands, Inc. is a dental support organization (DSO) that supports affiliated pediatric dentists, general dentists, and orthodontists in the Smiles For Life Network. We provide business management expertise and administrative operations support, so doctors can focus on their patients and clinical operations. Our team is dedicated to helping children achieve a lifetime of great oral health. Our locations offer an exciting and comforting environment for patients as our specialists deliver best-in-class care and treatment to all. Join us and take part in raising the standard in children's oral healthcare!
The Hygiene Assistant will provide support and assistance to Doctors, Hygienists, and Dental Assistants in the clinical areas of the office. Hygiene Assistants will be actively involved in communicating with parents/guardians and providing services to patients during appointments. Depending on the size and the needs of a particular office, the Hygiene Assistant will perform a variety of responsibilities and be cross-trained in many or all of the following:
- Greet and bring patients back into the clinical area for their appointments.
- Hygiene Assistants who are x-ray certified will obtain necessary periapical, bitewing, and panoramic x-rays for the appointment. Quality images should be captures while encouraging anxious and timid patients.
- Assist the Doctor, Hygienist, and Dental Assistant in preparing the patient's chair with the needed supplies and instruments. Clean the chairs and rooms following treatment to prepare for the next patient.
- Assist in the flow of patients: bring the patient back for treatment, assist throughout the appointment, guide patients and parents to the front desk upon completion of their appointment, and assist in any other area needed to help others in guiding patients through the visit.
- Ensure proper cleaning, sterilization, and maintenance of all operatory equipment, instruments, chairs, and work stations based on OSHA regulations and the Company standards. The Hygiene Assistant will run the sterilization area of the clinic to ensure all instruments are properly sterilized and are available for continued hygiene and operatory treatment.
- Assist the Hygienist in charting dentition and entering clinical notes of the patient.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance as well as adhere to all OSHA rules and regulations.
- Work as a team within the organization- partnering with the Practice Manager, Doctors, Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Front Desk Coordinators and other Clinical Assistants to maintain consistency and teamwork.
- Attend Continuing Education classes and obtain any needed certificates
- Additional duties will be assigned as necessary to achieve the Company standards and goals as efficiently as possible.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Experience working in a professional, medical, or dental environment with direct customer service is desired.
- X-ray certification is required and can be obtained through the Company.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills- must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to communicate with a pleasant demeanor at all times.
- Communication- effective written and verbal communication is a must with all staff and management.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills- strong attention to detail, be able to multitask and perform job duties in a timely manner.
- Computer proficiency with Windows 2000 and Office 2000 is preferred; as well as experience with a fax machine, copy machine, and general office equipment.