Part-Time MRI Technologist
Dent Neurologic Group LLP Buffalo, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
DENT Neurologic Institute is actively seeking an part-time experienced MRI Technologists.
Our Imaging Department is open Monday-Friday, 6am - 11pm, Saturday 8am - 6pm and Sunday 8am - 4pm.
In 1983, Dent installed the 1st MRI Scanner in Western New York giving a cutting-edge insight into the human body to our neurologists and neuroimagers. As a national leader in diagnostic imaging for over 30 years, DENT provides a comprehensive range of imaging services using state-of-the-art equipment. Our long experience with these advanced tools uniquely qualifies our physicians and medical staff to advance the science and art of diagnostic imaging.
- Performs high quality MRI studies as ordered for expedited and accurate interpretation, recognizing needs for immediate medical intervention and reporting those studies accordingly.
- Screens patients and communicates with patients regarding the scan, properly informs them of what to expect, potential side effects, next steps, etc.
- Operates a variety of sophisticated medical equipment including Phillips and Siemens MRI Systems, Medrad Power Injector, AGFA Drystar film printer, computers, printers and recording devices.
- Consults with Neuroimaging physicians at Dent in matters of departmental and equipment issues with a high degree of planning and initiative. Ensures proper function and maintenance of MRI equipment by consulting with service technicians under contract with Dent.
- Coordinates scheduling of examinations with outside physician group referral sources to meet the needs of the patient and physician.
- Independently problem solves and utilizes resources to obtain patient information when patient is unable to communicate. Assists in clerical duties as needed, functioning as a member of the health care team.
- Maintains proper and appropriate records, logs and statistics of all patients seen in imaging centers. Develops and maintains monthly QA reports for imaging equipment.
- Potentially may participate in clinical research studies in cooperation with outside referring physicians, maintaining valid data for Department of Neuroimaging. Develops and maintains educational case studies as requested, maintaining teaching files and lecture presentation materials. Under direction of Dent Neuroimaging physicians, assists in the education and training of Neuroimaging residents and fellows in performance of MRI studies.
- Continually becomes educated on necessary protocols and/or changes to ensure all patient needs and ACR accreditation needs are met.
- Administers IV contrast, injection and oral medications as per written/verbal MD order and imaging policy.
- Maintains acceptable working conditions, assisting in development and implementation of policies and procedures that promote a safe, effective, quality driven work environment. Maintains competence through continuing education and in-service training.
- Interacts calmly, respectfully and in a friendly manner with other representatives of services at the Dent.
- Refers patients to proper clinical resources for health care questions and to proper personnel for Dent policies such as billing and or financial support. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Associates Degree in Radiologic Technology
- Board Certified in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Licensed in NY State in Diagnostic Radiology
- Must have prior experience working on 3T MRI machine
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems with a variety of sophisticated medical equipment
- Ability to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Strong planning, problem solving, organizational, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment including fax and copy machines, multi-line phone system, and personal computer
- Ability to address and resolve conflict in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to be flexible
- High degree of verbal communication and interpersonal skills in interactions with others including a patient population with varying degrees of illness and health
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to meet operational needs
- Board Certified in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Prior experience working on an MRI machine
DENT Patient Philosophy
"The basic philosophy of the Dent Neurologic Institute is to show our patients and each other the same respect for human dignity and level of kindness, that we would seek for our own families and loved ones. Nothing else is acceptable"
EEO Statement: DENT Neurologic Institute is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
Scheduled shift can vary, will include weekends.
minimum 20 hours/week