Staff Accountant Public Accounting
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Staff Accountant Job Summary
We are currently seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Staff Accountant. You must be familiar with full cycle accounting and understand all the processes and documents necessary to produce financial statements for a reporting period. Other job duties include reconciling bank and credit card statements, tracking fixed assets, assisting with payroll, and preparing tax returns. Our ideal candidate has at least one year of professional accounting experience and is proficient with Microsoft Excel and other accounting software.
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports
- Develop and analyze reporting for business operations and budgets
- Perform audits, ensuring adherence to standard requirements
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Report analysis and findings to management team
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by analyzing information from the general ledger system and department heads
- Maintain and balance an automated consolidation system
- Analyze and verify information by creating spreadsheet reports
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining and recording and files
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses and assigning account numbers when needed
- Request disbursements and reconcile accounts
- Analyze current procedures and recommend changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures
- Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- Tax preparation and accounting experience preferred
- Proficient with Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel preferred
- Vendor and customer reconciliations experience
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized, and efficient
- Strong communication skills
*After a probationary period a performance review is required and compensation will rapidly increase.*
Dennis M Stuart, PCWhy Work Here?
EXPOSURE TO EVERY ASPECT OF DAILY BUSINESS AND MULTIPLE BUSINESS TYPES
Dennis M Stuart, Pc is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) practice based in Glen Allen, VA. Dennis M Stuart, Pc can assist you with your tax preparation, planning, bookkeeping, and Public accounting needs with 40+ years of experience.
10134 WEST BROAD ST GLEN ALLENRichmond, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Dennis M Stuart, PC