Project Manager I (Industrial Construction)
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking Jr level Project Managers (PM) looking to be developed into MEP / Industrial experience PMs. You will play a key role in all phases of project management from scope development through construction administration/installation.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the development of project scopes, budgets and schedules
- Managing in-house and consulting design team work products
- Establishing design criteria; reviewing design and construction phase documents
- Managing permits, codes and regulatory approvals
- Procurement (preparation of bid packages, bid tabulations, review of purchase orders and subcontracts)
- Organizing construction trades and administering subcontracts
- Managing project budgets and expense approvals
- Managing contracts and change order administration
- Overseeing equipment installations
- Providing on-site supervision
- Managing project punch-list inspection
- Assembling and maintaining complete project records and close-out documents
- Interfacing with client and all projects assigned
- 1-4 years of executing in a design build model
- 1-4 years of managing industrial & MEP construction projects
- Degree in Engineering (Civil/Structural, Architectural /Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial/ Construction Management)
- 1-4 years of experience in design-build construction projects ranging from $20 Million to $100 Million
- Willing to travel overnight not less than 50% of any given year and be willing to work in client facilities and on construction sites.
Preferred candidates should have a fundamental understanding of:
- Sanitary design principles used in food and beverage manufacturing facilities
- System design and layout
- Building construction
- Project scheduling
- Construction estimating
- Construction safety
- OSHA guidelines and standards
- AutoCAD, CADWorx, Revit, or other design software
This role requires excellent leadership, organization and time management skills as you will wear many hats at once. The role is also technical and client facing. Those finding success in the role typically have a technical background - which they apply daily - and are professional, self-motivated, and energetic with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, weâ€™ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isnâ€™t one thing we do, itâ€™s all we do!
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Dennis Group Salt Lake City
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
ConstructionView all jobs at Dennis Group Salt Lake City