- Posted: 24 days ago
About the job
The Scheduler collects and analyzes information used to plan and schedule construction projects. Generates forecasts, variance reports, and other documentations used to monitor and manage projects. Being a Planner / Scheduler research and reports on economic, legal, and other factors that may impact project success. Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects and the reduction of issues due to scheduling errors. Additionally, the Planner / Scheduler understands and utilizes standard planning and scheduling methodologies and tools. Prepares plans and schedules for small and routine projects.
Key focus areas of this position
- Develop schedules for bid proposals.
- Develop schedules during pre-construction phase (pre-construction packages).
- Bring scheduling expertise, checks & balances to the project leadership teams (Project Managers, Construction Managers, engineers).
- Provide company standardization in planning and scheduling practices, involving providing training to project leadership team.
- Work on large and small projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction Management, Construction Science, Construction Engineering, or similar.
- 7+ years of planning and scheduling for industrial or commercial construction projects (vertical builds) experience.
- 7+ years of MS Excel experience.
- 7+ years of MS Project experience.
- 3+ years of planning and scheduling projects involving multiple engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, plumbing, civil, structures, etc.).
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with project leadership.
- Proven ability to schedule / plan for multiple projects simultaneously is a must.
- Food & Beverage construction experience is a strong plus.
- Must be willing to meeting travel requirement of 25% to 35%.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Dennis Group Construction & Site Safety
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?