AV Project Manager
- $69,000 to $80,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Job Title: Project Manager (PM)
Employment Type: Full-time
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Branch Manager
Working with a high level of detail and organization, the Project Manager (PM) is tasked with ensuring clients are completely satisfied with their integration systems of any size (AV and technology solutions, control systems, whole house audio and video systems, security systems and surveillance system, lighting control system, lighting design, structured cable, and networks). From start to finish PM's will have full ownership of this project while working directly with sales, project design, production team and technicians to ensure the proper products are ordered and installed following rigorous quality expectations. The PM accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company. PM's will maintain 100% of the ownership of a Project from kick off to client satisfaction keep in constant communication with all party involved through the life of a project. The PM role is a hybrid role of project management and field superintendent.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Implement Denizen's Core Values:
- Commitment to Quality,
- Do What you Say,
- There's Always a way. Find it,
- Leaders also let others lead,
- Go the Distance.
- Overall Project Planning (Outlines, Task Lists, forecast, Meetings and engineering request)
- Conduct and provide a 5-Star Customer Experience.
- On and off-site development of the install team.
- Research and understand full project scope prior to kick-off meeting.
- Communicate with sales, project design, and production teams as well as clients and sub-contractors to ensure there are no unanswered questions or unclear items.
- Ask questions and gather necessary information to become intimately familiar with all aspects of the project from beginning to completion.
- Know and plan for special job circumstances PRIOR to technicians being on-site (prewire, extension ladder, scaffolding, power and framing etc.).
- Ensure product is ordered, received, inspected for accuracy, and staged in a timely manner.
- Provide technicians with all pertinent information to deploy and be successful on the project.
- Creates and/or supports the creation of Internal and External Change Orders
- Communicate effectively with technicians to ensure project scope and expectations are met via daily workorders–this includes completion and quality expectations.
- Answer questions and troubleshoot on-site issues competently and independently.
- Must communicate effectively with the client, builder, and subcontractors to instill confidence and maintain excellent relationships.
- Multitask and prioritize several projects and create a forecasted schedule.
- Manage and delegate duties and needs to staff and subcontractors with clear and precise direction.
- Create and manage change orders while maintaining clear accurate documentation.
- Own all aspects of ensuring project is completed above and beyond client’s expectations.
- Review and redline all documentation for final engineering.
- Multiple site checks during and between all phases of a project to ensure proper installation.
- Ensure timely project completion, quality control, and Service hand-off.
- Assist in full system commissioning, testing, and training walk through with client.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- 4 years’ plus of experience in the AV industry with a minimum of 1 year in a project management role.
- CEDIA ESPM or equivalent certification preferred.
- Creston Level I/II completion preferred. Lutron, Creston, and Savant experience preferred.
Skills needed –
- A high level of organization, communication, and professionalism.
- Direct communication with all members of our dynamic team and clientele is essential; therefore, excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to a friendly and extremely professional communication style and phone etiquette are required.
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented, and have a positive, team focused attitude.
- Must be willing to go above and beyond to ensure overall company success.
- Advanced knowledge with installation and configuration of integration systems.
- Ability to read drawings and technical schematics/prints.
- Outstanding customer service and team relationship skills, collaborative work ethic, ability to prioritize decisions for short and long-term project objectives.
- Ability to multitask while upholding quality and integrity of work without losing track of tasks and priorities.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor always.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Other skills preferred-
- Microsoft 365 (Teams, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to follow wire diagrams.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Thorough Knowledge of residential construction.
- Thorough knowledge of low voltage wiring and testing.
- Ability to educate and lead a team.
- Full understanding of PPE and safety standards.
- Crestron experience
- Lutron experience
- Savant experience
- Security experience
- Networking experience
- Comfortable with power tools
- Not afraid of heights
Systems we work with but not limited to.
- Control system
- Audio and Video distribution systems
- Home Cinema
- Lighting control
- Lighting design
- Door station/gate control
- Power management
- HV/AC integration
- Third party integration:
- Pools, landscape lighting, Lifts ext.
- Remote monitoring
- Education – High School Diploma or equivalent experience
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The PM will be required to travel via company vehicle to job sites. This position will have contact with high-end audio-visual equipment, lighting, computers, and electrical components. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, look down/up, bend, twist, see full color, hear, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift/move seventy-five pounds. There will be exposure to heights via ladders. The employee will perform duties in a workplace environment that will see extremes in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
At Denizen, we integrate stunning technology with architecture and interior design in beautiful homes, creating magical experiences for our clients with lighting, music, home automation and more. The process, tools and systems we work with are complex, but the end results are the best: sheer delight. Every project begins with a consultation phase, continuing with project managers and well-trained technicians, and finishing with a dedicated service staff to handle ongoing needs. This is far different than a small shop that could disappear tomorrow or is more focused on quantity of projects over quality of the finished product. We stick by our clients with a proven process, the highest standards, and long-term support to ensure they always have the experience they want and deserve. If you're ready to join a close-knit, hard-working team at the forefront of an ever-changing industry, solving new and exciting challenges and delivering best-in-class solutions, you're ready for Team Denizen.
Award winning company in a leading edge, exciting industry!
Denizen is an award-winning company at the forefront of an exciting, growing industry. At Denizen, we integrate stunning technology with architecture and interior design in beautiful homes, creating magical experiences for our clients with lighting, music, home automation and more. The process, tools and systems we work with are complex, but the end results are the best: sheer delight. Every project begins with a consultation phase, continuing with project managers and well-trained technicians, and finishing with a dedicated service staff to handle ongoing needs. This is far different than a small shop that could disappear tomorrow or is more focused on quantity of projects over quality of the finished product. We stick by our clients with a proven process, the highest standards, and long-term support to ensure they always have the experience they want and deserve. If you're ready to join a close-knit, hard-working team at the forefront of an ever-changing industry, solving new and exciting challenges and delivering best-in-class solutions, you're ready for Team Denizen.
DenizenFarmers Branch, TX
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.