Who We Are-
Denison Pharmaceuticals is a leading provider of turnkey formulation, manufacturing and packaging solutions for the OTC, Cosmetic, Homeopathic and Pharmaceutical markets. Products include liquids, creams, lotions, gels, and ointments.
The successful candidate for the position of Cost Accountant shall be fully capable of performing all job functions listed below possess all the qualifications itemized.
- Analytical thinker who is detail-oriented, curious, and organized.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Versatility to move into other roles within Finance Department to gain broad-based professional experience
- Computer literate- Excel, Word, ERP, Other software as the job dictates
On a monthly basis:
- Book entries to general ledger for completion of financial statements
- Monitor all inventory variances investigate causes, assure financial records fairly represent actual inventory
- Prepare various cost and gross margin analysis
- Review supporting documents of journal entries for accuracy
- Review balance sheet and income statement accounts for assigned areas
- Perform inventory account reconciliations
- Review transactions and checks for accuracy
- Research and correct accounting errors
On an annual basis:
- Prepare schedules for annual audit
- Participate in yearend physical inventory
- Prepare absorption and manufacturing variance analysis to include in yearly budget
- Develop spreadsheets to streamline account review, cost schedules and posting entries
- Maintain the raw material standard prices and impact on margin
- Create routings and roll costs for new items
- Participate in meetings regarding system changes and enhancements
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as directed
- Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- College graduate
- Minimum: Bachelors of Science in Finance or Accounting
- 1-3 yrs. experience in general accounting or with inventory related issues
- Proven work record to include the ability to perform all the following:
- Ability to interface with all levels within the organization
- Ability to train all levels within the organization.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Good written and oral skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401(k) with company match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources