Summary: The Payroll Clerk assures that all staff receive on-time paychecks and understand their salaries thoroughly. Audits and verifies all time keeping records of employees' hours worked as well as any deductions or withholdings required to comply with state and federal law.
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verify timekeeping records and consult employees/supervisors about any discrepancies.
- Record payroll data in our software system and verify all amounts prior to submitting payroll.
- Alter employee tax status as needed as well as any information about withholding. Backup documentation required.
- Change employee banking records when necessary to process payments accurately. Backup documentation required.
- Record employee questions, concerns, and complaints about payroll services and communicate those issues to Compensation Manager.
- Maintain compliance policies and procedures for processing payroll checks.
Competency: Ability to process basic functions and formulas in Microsoft Excel. Strong written and oral communication skills and attention to detail required. Professional, flexible, dependable and a team player. Willing to establish and maintain positive working relationships. Familiarity with payroll software a plus.
Work environment: Position requires the employee to work inside in the office.
Physical demands: The position primarily requires sitting, typing and viewing a computer. Other less frequent physical demands include bending and lifting.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Preferred education and experience: High school diploma required. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred. Minimum one-year payroll experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees. Accordingly, the Company will not engage in any form of employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally protected status. The Company hereby affirms its desire to maintain a work environment for all employees that is free from all forms of unlawful employment discrimination.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
•food processing DAF skimmings; and
•pulp and paper residuals.
Whether converting organic material to compost and organic products or land applying residuals as fertilizer, our team takes tremendous pride in Denali's outstanding environmental record and high-quality products.
We believe that record is a direct reflection of our value, process discipline, and culture.
Denali Water Solutions