Environmental Compliance Office Administrator
This is a supportive position for the environmental team to assist with their recordkeeping duties. Employee will assist with lab invoices, and vendor set up. Position also requires handling other basic office duties such as supplies and ordering. Employee will coordinate and assist with sampling, logging, paperwork and creating ArcGIS maps.
- Maintain the lab invoice approval workflow by coding the tests and results to the corresponding operations, issue Purchase Orders and assist with the set-up of new vendors.
- Provide support for all environmental related recordkeeping and administration to include compliance with permits, sampling and regulatory standards.
- Performing office duties that include keeping stock of office supplies and operating supplies and place orders when necessary. Managing a records database. Liaising with staff, suppliers and company departments.
- Coordinate and assist with soil and material sampling. Properly complete test logging, paperwork, including chain of custodies and info sheets. Maintain current and accurate information in the compliance system on the soil and material sampling and test results records.
- Creating ArcGIS maps.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret maps and aerial photography.
- Capable of managing deadline-driven projects and workload.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Requires effective time management skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be extremely reliable, have a curiosity for problem solving, a desire to learn and succeed.
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with co-workers and vendors.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily works in an indoor office setting. They will occasionally work in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, or overwhelming odors.
Physical demands: Position requires the employee to work primarily inside the office with the occasional trip out for samples. To successfully perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk, climb and hear. The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, knee, crouch, crawl and walk. The employee must occasionally lift.
Travel: Travel is rare but possible on an as needed basis.
Preferred education and experience:
- Degree in related field preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- GIS experience strongly preferred.
- Environmental Compliance background preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees. Accordingly, the Company will not engage in any form of employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally protected status. The Company hereby affirms its desire to maintain a work environment for all employees that is free from all forms of unlawful employment discrimination.
Please Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro