Class A CDL Driver with Tank Endorsement NIGHT SHIFTand WEEKEND Dispatch Duties
Position Summary: Drive a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with the capacity of at least 26,001 lbs, to transport and deliver materials in liquid, solid, or loose form. May be required to load and/or unload truck. Requires a Current Class A Commercial Drivers' License.
Nights and Weekend Work may be required.
This position is a safety sensitive position and requires a clear mind and diligence. The employee has the responsibility for his/her own safety as well as the safety of others.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties: Maintenance:
- Perform all pre and post inspections on truck and trailer combinations or truck with the capacity of at least 26,001 lbs.
- Report all defects, accidents, traffic violations, and damage to the vehicles
- Perform the basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, and radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires and installing light bulbs and tire chains.
- Operate the truck and trailer combination by performing and acknowledging all safety regulations as determined by FMCSA, OSHA, and the Company
- Lower/Raise trailer landing gear, using crank, to safely secure the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is accurate and complete.
- Maneuver trucks into loading and unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, in order to transport, deliver, collect products and other materials.
- Use hoses, tools, and other equipment to collect and distribute materials.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting and disconnecting air and electrical lines and manipulating fifth wheel locks.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, i.e. dispatcher, area manager, or pusher, and verify instructions and routes.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones, as regulations deem appropriate and can be performed safely, to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, and other drivers.
- Load and unload trucks or assist others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles, and using other equipment as necessary
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved, to determine quantities and conditions.
- Inspect loads after loading is complete, to ensure cargo is secure. Will involve climbing up/down ladder.
- Perform other duties as determined by area supervisor.
- Maintain driver logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations as determined by CFR Part 49.
- Obtain receipts or signatures when loads are delivered.
- Perform and acknowledge all safety regulations as determined by FMCSA, OSHA, and the Company when completing all tasks related to operations.
- Check vehicles daily before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order. Complete DVIR report daily (also tasked under maintenance)
- Complete monthly safety quizzes and trainings
- Identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
This position, at any time, may require you to travel outside of state lines. Management retains the right to revise your load pickups and drop-offs.
Job Summary: For Dispatch
The Trucking Dispatcher will coordinate and schedule drivers for pick-up and delivery in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Dispatcher reports directly to Denali Water Solutions Area Manager.
- Communicate with multiple Customers throughout the shift, to determine when loads are to be picked up.
- Schedule drivers for pick-up times and locations, along with delivery locations.
- Answers incoming calls and communications.
- Adeptly uses multi-line telephone system, mobile phones, two-way radios, and other communications methods and networks.
- Maintains calm communication with and provides instruction to incoming callers.
Position Qualifications Experience:
- Current Class A CDL
- 2-4 years related experience
There is additional pay for the weekend dispatch duties on top of 18.00 dollars per hour for driving.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
•food processing DAF skimmings; and
•pulp and paper residuals.
Whether converting organic material to compost and organic products or land applying residuals as fertilizer, our team takes tremendous pride in Denali's outstanding environmental record and high-quality products.
We believe that record is a direct reflection of our value, process discipline, and culture.
Denali Water Solutions
Why Work Here?Denali Water Solutions is one of the largest providers of beneficial use in the United States. Denali handles various organic waste streams including: •biosolids; •food processing DAF skimmings; and •pulp and paper residuals. Whether converting organic material to compost and organic products or land applying residuals as fertilizer, our team takes tremendous pride in Denali's outstanding environmental record and high-quality products. We believe that record is a direct reflection of our value, process discipline, and culture.
Denali stands atop the industry in our ability to offer solutions that are specifically suited to the needs of each customer.