Class A or Class B CDL Driver - Tank Endorsement
Position Summary: Drive a spreader truck, tractor-trailer combination or a truck with the capacity of at least 26,001 lbs, to transport and deliver materials in, solid, or loose form. Will be required to load and/or unload truck. Requires a Current Class A Commercial Drivers' License.
This position is a safety sensitive position and requires a clear mind and diligence. The employee has the responsibility for his/her own safety as well as the safety of others.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties: Maintenance:
- Perform all pre and post inspections on truck and trailer combinations or truck with the capacity of at least 26,001 lbs.
- Report all defects, accidents, traffic violations, and damage to the vehicles
- Perform the basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, and radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires and installing light bulbs and tire chains.
- Operate the truck and trailer combination by performing and acknowledging all safety regulations as determined by FMCSA, OSHA, and the Company
- Lower/Raise trailer landing gear, using crank, to safely secure the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is accurate and complete.
- Maneuver trucks into loading and unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, in order to transport, deliver, collect products and other materials.
- Use hoses, tools, and other equipment in order to collect and distribute materials.
- Read and interpret maps in order to determine vehicle routes.
- Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting and disconnecting air and electrical lines and manipulating fifth wheel locks.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, i.e. dispatcher, area manager, or pusher, and verify instructions and routes.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones, as regulations deem appropriate and can be performed safely, to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, and other drivers.
- Load and unload trucks or assist others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved, in order to determine quantities and conditions.
- Inspect loads after loading is complete, in order to ensure cargo is secure. Will involve climbing up/down ladder.
- Perform other duties as determined by area supervisor.
- Maintain driver logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations as determined by CFR Part 49.
- Obtain receipts or signatures when loads are delivered.
- Perform and acknowledge all safety regulations as determined by FMCSA, OSHA, and the Company when completing any and all tasks related to operations.
- Check vehicles daily before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order. Complete DVIR report daily (also tasked under maintenance)
- Complete monthly safety quizzes and trainings
- Identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety..
Position Qualifications Experience:
- Current Class A or B CDL
- 2-4 years related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees. Accordingly, the Company will not engage in any form of employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. The Company hereby affirms its desire to maintain a work environment for all employees that is free from all forms of unlawful employment discrimination.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
•food processing DAF skimmings; and
•pulp and paper residuals.
Whether converting organic material to compost and organic products or land applying residuals as fertilizer, our team takes tremendous pride in Denali's outstanding environmental record and high-quality products.
We believe that record is a direct reflection of our value, process discipline, and culture.
Denali Water Solutions
Why Work Here?Denali Water Solutions is one of the largest providers of beneficial use in the United States. Denali handles various organic waste streams including: •biosolids; •food processing DAF skimmings; and •pulp and paper residuals. Whether converting organic material to compost and organic products or land applying residuals as fertilizer, our team takes tremendous pride in Denali's outstanding environmental record and high-quality products. We believe that record is a direct reflection of our value, process discipline, and culture.
Denali stands atop the industry in our ability to offer solutions that are specifically suited to the needs of each customer.