Senior Operations Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Senior Operations Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: $90,000 - $105,000 year, generous benefits package
Start date: May 15, 2020
Application Deadline EXTENDED: May 7, 2020
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Wisconsin faces a pivotal local and state Supreme Court race in the spring of 2020, will be a – maybe THE – critical swing state in the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 state legislative elections will also shape redistricting in 2021, which will determine the state’s political future for a decade to come. In 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor and US Senator.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our team.
The Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity to function as the operational center of the tipping point state in 2020 for a driven individual with strong management, organizational, and interpersonal skills. As the Senior Operations Director, you will oversee several teams covering a wide breadth of accounting, human resources, and operational activity in Wisconsin and will report to the Executive Director as a member of the Senior Leadership Team. As the Senior Operations Director, you will oversee and inform the daily work and implementation of the organization’s mission and values across a diverse array of projects and staff.
- Directly oversee operations, HR, and accounting and provide strong day-to-day leadership to make key operational decisions on a daily basis
- Develop and strengthen the Operations and Compliance Department, including identifying strategic opportunities for growth and success, as well as managing challenges, to empower the team with the leadership and resources they need to successfully complete operations initiatives
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and senior leadership team to establish policies, operational strategy, comprehensive budgets, and hiring needs that promote organization’s vision and culture
- Facilitate timely decision making with regard to hiring, firing, and resource allocation.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the DPW's finances working within applicable state and federal campaign finance laws.
- Be a catalyst for open communication and lead coordination (through problem solving, compromise, and group decision making) across departments
- Serve as the point of contact with DPW’s legal counsel to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, particularly with issues of campaign finance and contract negotiations.
- Provide support to the County and Congressional District parties around the state in matters of compliance issues and reporting for state and federal accounts
- In coordination with the Executive Director manage key external relationships with Admin Committee members and key stakeholders.
Required Must-Have Qualifications:
- Growth Mindset - ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal Oriented - enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency - able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers across lines of difference of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and/or socioeconomic status
- Proven management of a large team who are expected to produce high outputs
- Experience managing a complex organization's human resources, finances, and operations
- Proven track record of managing complex budgets successfully
- Familiarity of federal and state campaign finance laws
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
Preferred Must-Have Qualifications (optional):
- Knowledge of the operational needs for GOTV
- Working knowledge of campaign finance reporting software; experience with NGP, ActBlue, accounting software
- Working knowledge of Google office suite, Zoom
Benefits: Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR