Title: Jr. Property Manager- Commercial
Department / Division: Property Management
The Jr. Property Manager (Jr. PM) is responsible for the daily management oversight of a portfolio of commercial properties along with a team consisting of Property Managers and Senior Property Managers. The Jr. PM is responsible to provide strong administrative support and assistance with, overall operations, personnel management, repairs, maintenance, tenant relations, strategic planning, fiscal planning and risk management. This position reports directly to the Property Manager or Senior Property Manager as assigned.
- Direct and participate in the daily operations of commercial properties.
- Actively monitor the collection and deposit of bad debt, including the collection of delinquent accounts and evictions.
- Provide administrative assistance to Commercial Property Managers and COO.
- Responsible for property inspections and to ensure properties are in top condition at all times.
- Assist and implements help in marketing, prospecting and leasing vacant spaces.
- Maintaining and reporting current and updated tenant COI's.
- Work as a team member with the Senior or Property Manager for complete accountability for all responsible to run the portfolio of properties.
- Respond timely to all tenant requests.
- Control, collect and report on all property bad debt and collection efforts.
- Accept rental payments and post in a timely manner; post late fees.
- Ensure all proper/legal documents from vendors are received, current, accurately verified and filed, including COI's.
- Assist with risk management; help compile monthly property walkthrough inspections.
- Prepare, review and close financial books for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and review quarter and year-end reports.
- Enter all accounting and financial reports on assigned due dates in Egnyte.
- Submit Delinquency Explanations Report weekly.
- Communicate with property manager, Leasing Manager and Marketing Manager weekly to discuss property leasing needs.
- Comply with federal and state regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years commercial retail experience
- 2+ years of assistant property management/leasing experience, providing oversight to multiple commercial and residential properties, including office space.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel for reporting and budgeting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Able to work any day of the week, including holidays and travel as needed.
- Experience using Yardi property management software preferred.
Bachelor's Degree (BS/BA) in Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.