Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic Corp. has a need for an Electrician 3 based in our Salt Lake City, UT location. This position will perform the complete electrical assembly, wiring and electrical checkout of the Dematic products in a very clean, well-lit, and air-conditioned facility.
- Completion of trade school with a minimum of four years practical electrical experience.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow the electrical codes and specifications subscribed to by Dematic.
- Assists with the training of new employees and temporaries assigned to their work area.
- Interprets electrical blueprints and schematics, recommending engineering changes as necessary.
- Installs electrical apparatus (i.e.: switches, termination boxes, lights, photocells, control enclosures, etc.)
- Bends and installs conduit to meet product requirements.
- Solders electrical connectors.
- Works with little or no supervision.
- Performs electrical checkout and product testing on all products before shipment to insure 100% accuracy.
Additional Core Requirements:
- Operates forklifts and or cranes as required by assignment.
- Must be able to ascend or descend ladders, scaffolding and the like with agility.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and or up to 25 lbs. frequently.
- Performs work in areas subject to such hazards as moving mechanical parts, electrical current and or chemicals.
- Performs the installation of product which requires 25%-35% or more travel time with little or no advance notice.
Typically an Associate's degree in electrical or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Successfully demonstrated thorough/advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
Direction of Others:
Generally, minimum of 2-4 years successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. May provide general guidance to others and train lower level employees.
Key Working Relationships:
Frequent inter-organizational and external contacts.