- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Veterinary Kennel Assistants are valuable members of our medical teams and play a crucial role in patient care. You will be responsible for providing direct support to the kennel and the care of its patients.Come thrive in an environment that encourages learning and continued growth within the profession.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Animal handling and restraint
- Walking animals that may need support/assistance
- Knowledge of basic husbandry/feeding/and nutrition
- Administering medication to patients
- Maintain cleanliness of kennel areas
- Restock and organize kennel supplies
- Bathe/groom animals
- Constantly advance your knowledgebase and skill set
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years of professional experience in a veterinary clinical setting (CSR, kennel attendant, vet assistant, other), preferred but not mandatory
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve and handle multiple tasks
- Must have the ability to adjust to changes in the environmentand able to handle stress in a calm manner
- Must be a team player, have patience and maintain a positive attitude.
- Must be able to anticipate and be detail oriented due to the high level of quality medicine.Must be able to lift and restrain pets of at least 40 pounds, and work on feet most of the day.
Benefits and Perks:
- Short Term Disability paid for by employer
- Complimentary Life Insurance $25,000; with options to purchase additional voluntary benefits for self or family
- Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K with 100% company match up to 3% and 50% company match up to 5%, eligible after 6 months of employment
- United Healthcare Insurance Plans with multiple options
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options
- United Healthcare Dental Insurance; includes a 100% paid premium option for team members
- United Healthcare Vision Insurance options
- Long Term Disability options
- Progyny-Fertility and Family Building Support (up to $10,000)
- Team Member Discounts for Pet Care
- Paid PTO
Demanes Animal Hospitalhas proudly served Peoria and the surrounding area for more than 30 years. Our full service veterinary medical facility has become the premiere center for your pet's health care needs, both diagnostic and preventative. Our highly trained team provides quality veterinary care and customer service, so you and your pet become part of our family.
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.Employment Type: Full-Time
Demanes Animal HospitalPeoria, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.