Staff Structural Engineer
- Posted: 9 days ago
ABOUT DELVE UNDERGROUND
Delve Underground is a leader in heavy civil engineering, serving the transportation, water, wastewater, and energy industries. Specializing in tunnel design, we provide innovative solutions to the most challenging underground problems. Offering comprehensive design, construction management, and dispute-resolution capabilities, our expertise includes civil, structural, geotechnical, mechanical, and electrical engineering. Founded in 1954, Delve Underground is an employee-owned firm with 21 offices and over 330 team members throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
We want our employees to make a career doing what they love to do. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and help our team members forge their own path within the company. We support their efforts to stay on the cutting edge of technology while fostering a great work-life balance. In addition to working hard, we also have fun. We socialize and celebrate achievements at summer picnics, holiday parties, and company outings.
Benefits: Full Benefits Program consisting of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, FSA or HSA, EAP, 401(k), ESOP, and company stock ownership program, 9 Paid Holidays, generous paid-time-off program, Work from home flexibility, and Health &Wellness Reimbursement
Pay Rate: $60,044 - $82,560
Staff Structural Engineer
Delve Underground has a career launching opportunity for a recent structural engineering graduate with the desire to learn how to design tunnels, shafts, foundations, buried structures, dams, and other related underground infrastructure in our Portland office. We are seeking candidates ranging from entry level up to two years of experience designing structures.
- Prepare the structural design calculations for tunnels, shafts, foundations, temporary excavation support systems, and other types of underground structures
- Review contractor submittals for structural designs
- Coordinate with civil, geotechnical, and hydraulics engineers in solving highly multi-disciplinary design problems
- Write technical memoranda and other documents explaining the basis for structural designs
- Direct the AutoCAD technicians and other members of the drawing production team on the proper display of plans, sections, and details
- Participate in the QA/QC process for structural design prior to submittal to the client
- Occasionally visit job sites or carry out short-term field assignments
- Master's degree in structural engineering from an accredited school preferred and not required
- Direct job experience or relevant coursework in structural analysis, solid mechanics, finite element analysis, reinforced concrete design, steel design, and basic geotechnical engineering
- Familiarity with the latest versions of structural design standards, including ACI-318, ASCE-7, and AISC 360
- EIT certification or ability and intent to earn within 6 months of hiring
- Ability to work in a team environment to analyze problems and develop engineering solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with some of the industry standard drafting and BIM software packages, including Autodesk suite (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and REVIT), Bentley Microstation, and Solidworks), and the production of structural details, drawings, and plans would be an advantage
An ideal candidate will meet all of the minimum requirements, plus the following:
- Eligibility and intent to obtain Professional Engineer licensure (Civil PE) within 4 years of hire
- Experience or coursework in structural dynamics and seismic design
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
Delve Underground is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
No Recruiters, Please.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?