Come Grow With Us!
After 20 years of providing high-quality electrical engineering and design, Delta Systems Engineering (DeltaSE) has become an NCS Engineers company! Together we are a dynamic and established engineering firm specializing in environmental, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering in the rewarding water infrastructure design industry. With offices in Arizona, California, and Nevada, DeltaSE is committed to providing proven, yet innovative solutions to our clients’ technically challenging problems.
We are seeking a senior level electrical engineering designer to join our design team. The successful candidate shall have aptitude and skill set to successfully perform the duties outlined below.
If you are interested in a challenging and enjoyable career within a family-oriented atmosphere with advancement opportunity apply now! We offer challenging technical and professional opportunities working on leading edge, high tech environmental and water projects. We are committed to creating an environment where our people can realize their full potential, allowing us to better serve our community and help our clients optimize their productivity and product quality.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering OR equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of electrical design experience
- Solid, proven design experience in the development of single line diagrams, P&IDs, control schematics, connection diagrams, plan drawings, and details.
- Working knowledge of the NEC and NFPA 820.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including detailed report preparation.
- Excellent computer, math, and English skills.
- Ability to work independently on design projects.
- Friendly with the ability to interact with various personalities.
EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING DESIRED:
- Instrument &Controls, and water/wastewater experience highly desirable.
- Electrical engineering degree is a plus.
- Large horsepower motors and variable speed drives
- PID loop process control systems
- Potable and non-potable water, and chemical storage tank level controls
- Emergency and standby diesel, natural gas, or alternative energy power systems
- Energy management systems
- Video surveillance and security systems
- Radio Path Survey Studies
- Microsoft Project
- Basic knowledge of PLC programming
- Basic Microstation knowledge, AutoCAD Electrical experience helpful
- Basic Power System Analysis Software - ETAP or SKM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and draft as needed: P&ID drawings, Electrical Single Line Diagrams, Equipment Layouts, Conduit Layouts, Motor Control Schematics, Miscellaneous Control Schematics, Panel Layouts, Wiring Diagrams and associated schedules.
- Perform Load Calculations to determine: the service size, circuit breaker size, and conduit and conductor sizes. Conduct Short Circuit Calculations to determine AIC rating required for equipment. Create Panel Schedules and update as needed.
- Develop I/O and Instrument Lists. Select applicable standard Details or create custom details if needed. Select applicable specifications and modify as necessary.
- Perform QA/QC checks for design and drafting throughout the project to ensure a quality product.
- Interface with client or vendors to obtain project information or clarify Client requirements.
- Support the Project Manager in adhering to budget and schedule constraints.
- Maintain familiarity with design/drafting standards and equipment preferences of clients or municipalities. Keep abreast of new products and technologies providing solutions to design/drafting issues.
- Work closely within a goal-oriented team environment and support a positive work experience for self and co-workers.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor as deemed appropriate.
This position is eligible for full benefits package and performance bonus program. If you are searching for a challenging and rewarding technical career in a professional environment with growth potential, and have the knowledge and experience we need to help us provide excellent service to our clients, please click APPLY below and submit your resume in confidence. Please visit our website for more information at http://www.deltaseinc.com.
We attract the best people in the industry by supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressing work environment. We provide career opportunities covering a variety of disciplines and geographic locations. Delta Systems Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status.
Salary Range is DOE