- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Delta Star is the largest, American-owned medium power transformer manufacturer in the United States and the premier manufacturer of mobile transformers and mobile power substations in North America. Delta Star has an immediate opening for a Master Planner.
Full Time, Salary Position
Delta Star provides power solutions for utilities across North America. This includes the manufacturing of medium-power transformers, mobile transformers, mobile electrical substations, trailers, and united substations. We offer power transformers for utility applications including power and distribution, transmission voltages, systems ties, and automatic voltage regulations, as well as industrial applications. Delta Star also provides comprehensive engineering, testing, maintenance services, and parts for any transformer manufacturer through our Field Service business unit, ensuring our customer's transformers and mobiles maintain peak performance.
The Master Planner is responsible for creating the production schedules; requiring a synchronization of all departments to translate budget and sales plans into a manufacturing plan.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Delivers firm dedicated active part and final assembly production schedule to manufacturing for up to 6 months forward looking. Provide dates (start and finish) for subassemblies to be completed to synchronize production activities.
- On specific requests, for designs outside of a current model scope, evaluates new RFQs (Request for Quotations) to provide schedules to the factory management.
- Tracks major project milestones to maintain schedules and forecasts. Work with the IT team to develop a system to monitor jobs, completions level and visibility for all DSE team members.
- Working with Supply Chain Management, monitors critical material and accessories lead time that may affect schedule.
- Set rules for kitting process at the activity level to be followed by Supply Chain Management.
- Develop planning models that will enable bottleneck modeling and capacity planning.
- Coordinates interdepartmental planning activities with Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Material Control, and Customer Solutions
Education & Experience
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or Business or related and equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in planning for Engineering to Order business or minimum 2 years of Transformer industry experience in scheduling.
- Experience of working in an ERP system
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to aggregate and analyze production and process data.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively as appropriate to the needs of the audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work outside of boundaries, drive change and foster continuous improvement
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, ESOP, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Floating Holidays, and Sick Pay
AAP/EEO STATEMENT Delta Star is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Delta Star IncLynchburg, VA
ManufacturingView All Delta Star Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.