The Manufacturing Engineer will design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with to refine product designs to increase productivity and decrease costs. Will lead and continue oversight of collaboration between departments on system or process improvements and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the main liaison for communications between Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
- Originate and follow through on implementation of Engineering changes relative to released products
- Design layout of equipment or work spaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work projects and tasks.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards, including ISO 9001.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two Years related experience.
- Strong written and record-keeping ability.
- Excellent relationship building skills, interpersonal skills, resolution and verbal communication.
- Must have computer competency and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.