- Posted: 26 days ago
This job prepares food for patient, cafeteria and catering services according to detailed instructions, procedures and recipes. This job reads and reviews menus and interprets recipes and/or work sheets.
Required - High School diploma or equivalent
Required - 1 year cooking experience in a volume feeding institution.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• General knowledge of cooking and equipment including convection ovens, steamers, mixers, deep fat fryers, blenders, slicers, grinders, and a variety of other small cooking equipment.
• Reading and writing skills to comprehend written directions or instructions as may be posted on labels, charts, and schedules
• Must be able to use various cooking equipment at a height of 30-48 inches to include ovens, food processors, microwave, stove, steamers, griddles, fryers, char broilers, steam kettles, blenders, tilt skillets, buffalo chopper, and any size mixer.
• Math skills to perform measurements and calculations to prepare recipes and apply portion control guidelines.
• Strong abilities using scales for checking accuracy of weights when issuing food.
• Prepares food in accordance with recipes, standards and guidelines.
• Organizes daily cooking activities by following established protocols in food labeling and storage.
• Serves and/or transports food.
• Cleans and sanitizes assigned areas and equipment.
• Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
This employer adheres to the Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid.
The incumbent has no occupational risk for exposure to communicable diseases.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Delta Personnel, Inc.
AddressNew Orleans, LA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?