National Account Manager – North America
Delta Mustad Hoofcare Center
Forest Lake, MN
About the Organization
Delta Mustad Hoofcare Center, Inc. is part of the Mustad network of manufacturing and distribution companies. We are North America’s largest provider of horseshoes, horsenails, and various farrier products to the equine Hoofcare retailer. Our brands are the most preferred brands in North America. Our customer order and fulfillment center is located in Forest Lake, MN. Mustad (mustad.com), our global parent company, has been in business for over 185 years.
Why Start a Career with Delta Mustad Hoofcare Center?
We are a stable company with great leaders and offer a team environment, a culture that is open to your ideas, competitive wages and excellent benefits.
The National Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers in the Farm & Ranch segment. Assigned to a specific set of key customers, the National Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The National Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
- Maintains professional relationships with key accounts and customers to keep up with the customers’ needs and assist in substantially growing the business
- Monitors competitor products, pricing and promotions to help strengthen the overall business strategy
- Develops monthly sales plans and strategies to increase business opportunities
- Prepares and delivers business presentations and proposals to the customer
- Utilizes the national account’s internal reporting systems to properly forecast and analyze sales to provide optimal growth
- Researches and prospects new accounts for potential business opportunities
- Designs and conducts customer trainings for all accounts, i.e. field sales, store managers, buyers, etc.
- Suggests innovative ways of increasing customer satisfaction, marketing/promo items, etc.
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing team to help grow the business
- Stays apprised of industry trends and best practices
- Strives to increase floor penetration within each account
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives and financial targets.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years strong sales experience with regional/national accounts within the retail industry
- 3 years Sales Management experience preferred
- Experience utilizing CRM (Salesforce)
Other qualifications include:
- Excellent problem-solving and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be highly motivated and a team player with an excellent attitude
- Required travel: 50%-75%
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of sales and revenue metrics
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively as a team and establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Ability to lead and coach a sales team to grow sales and profitability
- Health insurance
- Paid life insurance
- Paid dental insurance
- Paid vision insurance
- Paid Teledoc visits
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays