CNC/Punch Programmer for Sheet Metal Fabrication/Signage
Delta Innovative Services Kansas City, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
The Architectural Sheet Metal Detailer will coordinate sheet metal details with the scope of work, to provide shop drawing submittals to Architects and General Contractors for construction as well as aiding project managers and estimators with take-offs.
Job Duties include:
· Program and maintain current file revisions of all customer parts;
· Interpret engineering blueprints to draw (program) flat pattern layouts of parts;
· Reverse engineer parts for manufacturing;
· Make machine & tooling selections to manufacture parts in the most cost-effective manner;
· Design and request procurement of tools necessary;
· Prepare detailed standardized work instructions and set-up sheets;
· Utilize CAD/CAM software to continuously improve run time and programming time.
· Panel Builder
· Attention to Detail.
· Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and their applications.
· Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production & interpretation of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models, specifically for sheet metal manufacturing.
· Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials used in sheet metal manufacturing, production processes, bend deductions, turret punch press tooling, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
· Time Management – Ability to organize tasks in order of importance and use time most effectively in order to complete all work in a timely manner.
· Stress Tolerance - Job requires dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
· Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and thoroughly completing all tasks.
· Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
· Engineering – Engineering experience / background with strong mechanical aptitude is helpful.
· Min 3-5 years working with programming CNC Punch Press, waterjet, lasers and/or Punch for sheet metal fabrication.
· Knowledgeable on various precision CNC machinery and principles, machining practices, the properties of materials, and the application of mathematics and dimensions to production machinery and tooling.
· Capable of efficiently integrating existing methods with new innovations to economically solve production problems in a timely manner.
· Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Working knowledge of computerized nesting software preferably Panel Builder/Metamation/Metacam as well as Microsoft Office, Autocad, Inventor and BIM.
· Ability to understand G Codes including ability to edit and troubleshoot production and technical issues.
Delta Innovative Services and DB2 Services are equal opportunity employers.
Delta Innovative ServicesWhy Work Here?
Excellent opportunity to serve in a family owned growing business!
Delta Innovative Services Roofing Company and DB2 Services Architectural Sheet Metal Company are a Commercial and Industrial Roofing and Architectural Sheet Metal Contractor in the greater Kansas City Area. We are based in Kansas City, KS. Our website is www.deltaservices.com and www.db2services.com
4141 Fairbanks Ave Kansas City KSKansas City, MO