Why you should Apply for a Position at Delta Health Alliance
The healthcare barriers, education disparity, and poverty in the Mississippi Delta bother you. Maybe you've seen it, or even lived it, but you just can't turn away and act like it's not happening. DHA takes this challenge head on by working with the people in our community who struggle every day with these obstacles. We identify their needs, find or create resources to help them meet those needs, and track outcomes so that we know for sure their needs are being met.
You're confident in what you can contribute. At DHA, you'll be working alongside PhD's, maintenance personnel, data specialists, social workers, educators, IT experts, volunteers, medical professionals, writers, and accountants, among others. No matter what the job description, we all work as a team. We celebrate our successes and work through our set-backs. Together.
The idea of a good salary and benefits appeals to you. How many times have you been told you can't find a good paying job if you want to work with a non-profit organization? DHA dispels that notion. Better than competitive wages, excellent benefits, paid holidays, leave time, retirement plans, 401k plan, life insurance. Your parents will be impressed.
Finding a company with growth potential is important to you. DHA doesn't just want to offer you a job; we want to give you a career. You might start out in one area of our company and find an interest in another area. We encourage that interest, and will do all we can to help you reach your highest and best potential.
You can take the heat. Literally. We work in the Mississippi Delta. The summers can be brutally hot here. Thankfully, though, all our people are cool and all our offices are air-conditioned.
Position: Center Director for Sunflower Head Start - Early Head Start
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related educational field.
- Minimum three year experience working with children.
- Prefer knowledge of community resources and referral experience assisting families in need of services.
- Must have flexible schedule to accommodate occasional evening or weekend hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish skills highly desirable.
- Must havea valid Mississippi Driver's License and proof of insurance and must provide own vehicle for home visits.
- Must pass Mississippi State requirements for early child educators: Letter of Suitability, Health Screening, and DHA required background check.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, internet and e-mail.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Frequent significant decision and problem solving skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately to an emergency or a crisis situation.
- Ability to direct and assess the performance of staff.
- Ability to handle highly stressful and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to interpret and implement complex policies and regulations.
- Ability to work independently and maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in all employee interactions.
- Strong organization and time management skills, ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Regular kneeling, stooping, bending, and sitting on the floor to attend to children's needs.
Find out more about Delta Health Alliance herewww.deltahealthalliance.org
Job Posted by ApplicantPro