- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Business Analyst is a critical member of Operations, responsible for identifying the need for process improvements, system changes, and system enhancements including developing new desk procedures needed and training of the staff on the changes. This individual must be comfortable working with both business and technical resources on a daily basis, and is responsible for working with IT resources on system bug fixes and enhancements related to all areas and facets of Operations, including the writing, submitting, and testing of Service Requests and Help Desk tickets.
In addition this individual assists the Marketing Administration and Billing and Eligibility Teams on group/client set up issues and improvements and assists or completes the implementations and system set up of complex groups.
This individual plays a key role in the implementation of new clients. The individual will be involved with new client implementation from the gap identification process to service after the sale. Tasks that would be included in this process are benefit determination and back end system set up of new and existing instances of the system. This will require the Business Analyst to work closely with the Configuration Team to alert them of all group settings and exceptions required for setup. This individual in this position would remain a main point of contact on relevant issues with clients, and will be responsible for facilitating system enhancements and follow through on requirements gathering, user acceptance testing (UAT). The Business Analyst is relied on to fully understand and effectively communicate any downstream impacts of changes or enhancements made.
In addition, this individual will be required to utilize a technical tool the enables the ability to create and execute custom queries from the system on an as needed basis.
The Business Analyst routinely engages with and facilitates communication and projects with other departments within the organization (Sales, Account Management, Underwriting, Configuration, and others) in planning and implementing activities to support corporate objectives. This position plays a major role in ensuring the business maintains service levels through daily processes including but not limited to items related to billing, ID cards, commission statements, overage dependent letters, outbound FSA/claims files, renewals, reporting, and DDPA compliance.
- Responsible for identifying and researching system problems
- Works with IT resources to develop requirements to resolve issues or make enhancements
- Submits Help Desk tickets or Service Requests as needed to resolve issues or make enhancements
- Test and approves for release to production fixes and enhancements to the system
- Documents changes in the form of procedures and trains staff as needed of new desk procedures, including any training related to new client(s).
- Responsible for identifying group/client benefits
- Communicates changes or problem areas to management
- Identifies gaps in client’s current process
- Works with external client and IT resources to facilitate any new business system changes or enhancements
- Assists client with testing and system setup
- Assists with and plays major role in special projects related to Operations
- Responsible for updating and distributing complex spreadsheets with minimal errors to necessary individuals and departments on a regular cadence
- Plays a significant role during internal and external audits (DDPA, SOC I, SOC II) in providing documentation and researching any findings
- Work is performed in a team setting with multiple priorities and tasks, often under time pressure
- Excellent customer service skills required for frequent contact with group administrators, agents and consultants, and internal clients
- Must be able to read complex written materials
- Must be able to write and follow complex verbal and written instructions
- Must have the ability to use an intermediate level of decision making and reasoning to make decisions and solve problems
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism – the Business Analyst is frequently exposed to confidential information
- Develops queries and reports using database tools
- Acts as liaison to IT resources on database activities
- Provide support and answers questions for other Operations team members as needed
- Works on special projects and initiatives related to benefits, commission process changes, process improvement measures, and others which may affect Operations
- Provides support and cross-training to Operations Managers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree with a Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience within insurance industry
- Knowledge of and experience with a computer systems and interfaces
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Self motivated, with a history of meeting or exceeding goals
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Familiarity with internal and external audits is preferred
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required, including ability to express oneself effectively and professionally through written and verbal communication.
- Must possess good organizational skills and be able to handle multiple tasks with varying priorities
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Use of hands is required for such technological devices such as a computer, telephone, and others. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will be required to travel (sometimes long distances) to attend required meetings.
- Work environment: The work is limited to the office environment with occasional trips to other office facilities or locations necessitating walking outdoors or driving. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Delta Dental of Virginia
BusinessView all jobs at Delta Dental of Virginia