Director of the Cyber Security Program
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Delta Dental of New Jersey is a company on the move. We're transforming every day, and it starts with our Information Services organization. Come join a team that supports and leads the company with technology. The Director of the Cyber Security Program is responsible for providing vision and leadership in developing, implementing, and overseeing the organization's program (People, Processes, technology) to ensure those information security standards, practices, and controls are in place to manage risk to the enterprise effectively. This individual is a strategic technical leader, mentoring team members while partnering with other leaders to advance cybersecurity processes across the organization. This position reports directly to the Chief Information Officer and is a member of the Information Technology leadership team. This is a full time position and can be remote or hybrid. We've recently renovated our office space to include all new workstations, carpet and state-of-the-art ventilation.
In addition to a great culture, we offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, Rx and vision, matching 401k, enhanced tuition reimbursement, and generous time off to recharge. We value our associates and support everyone with learning and development, active wellness and diversity initiatives, and even paid time off to volunteer for causes that you care about.
Come join a great team, and get your smile on.
The Director of the Cyber Security Program is responsible for providing vision and leadership in developing, implementing, and overseeing the organization's program (People, Processes, technology) to ensure those information security standards, practices, and controls are in place to manage risk to the enterprise effectively. This individual is a strategic technical leader, mentoring team members while partnering with other leaders to advance cybersecurity processes across the organization. This position reports directly to the Chief Information Officer and is a member of the Information Technology leadership team.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and executing a comprehensive set of security standards and guidelines, including but not limited to security operations, incident response, vulnerability management, network security, data protection, and loss, endpoint security, compliance program, and identity and access management
- Recruit, develop, lead, and mentor cybersecurity team
- Builds and matures a culture focused on proactive risk management and cyber security best practices
- Collaborates effectively with Chief Information Officer on a strategy for building management support and ownership of IT Security
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and executing information security and vulnerability assessments, testing applications, systems, and infrastructure to ensure appropriate protection of sensitive customer and company information; performs risk analysis and recommends remediation for deficiencies. Tracks and reassesses remediation(s) to ensure compliance with policies and operational standards
- Collaborate with IT Delivery Teams to ensure technical enforcement of internal security policies to maintain the integrity of the networks, systems, and applications utilized throughout the organization, including the functionality of user access controls
- To appropriately manage the program and enterprise risk, leveraging cyber security metrics.
- Works with and actively engages security service providers to deliver necessary services and manage contract requirements and service level agreements
- Studies and benchmarks industry-leading security practices and tools, validating that the organization is protected with industry-leading security solutions and services. Examine new technologies impact on the organization's overall information security posture. Establishes processes to review new technologies and ensure security compliance
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and executing company-wide/departmental information security training and awareness programs
- Ensures program standards comply with applicable State and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending industry workshops and conferences while participating in personal and professional networks
- Demonstrated ability to be a respected information security advisor to senior management and IT Leadership
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office to manage a backlog of security items and coordinate with other programs in quarterly planning sessions.
- Client liaison for IT Security audits
- Experience managing HITRUST compliance program
Ethics and Values
Attention to Detail
Ability to Maintain Composure
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Technical and Functional
- Expertise in cybersecurity regulatory, compliance, and framework requirements, such as HITRUST and NIST
- Experience working with Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools, endpoint detection and response tools, vulnerability management suites, and various security solutions
- Experience with the following cyber security domain areas:
- identity and access management
- incident response and management
- data encryption
- key/secret management systems
- certificate management
- application security
- data handling and classification
- web application firewalls
- next-gen firewalls
- network zoning and segmentation
- cyber resiliency
- secure coding
- multi-factor authentication
- data loss prevention
- computer forensics
- Expert knowledge of HITUST cybersecurity framework and cybersecurity best practices.
- Expert knowledge of the operating system, application, network, and database security architectures
- Advanced knowledge of cloud security architectures. Preferred expertise in Azure and GCP
Required Physical Abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and perform extensive close keyboard and PC work
- Ability to walk, talk or hear
- Occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to meet deadlines and attendance standards.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This classification will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Experience, Education and Certifications Required
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years of direct experience in developing information security programs and assessing the effectiveness of such programs
- Minimum of 5 years of leading information security risk assessments, vendor risk management programs, developing information security awareness and education programs, and managing information technology or security projects
- Minimum of 5 years of effectively managing an Information Security team
Required Educational Level
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related fields is required
- Certifications: Current certification on one of the following preferred:
Delta Dental of NJ
Get fresh Director Cyber Security jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.