Purpose: This entry level position handles basic daily, weekly and monthly accounting duties. Process supporting reports and assist other departments with issues and questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the day-to-day maintenance of complete and accurate preparation of basic financial reports, month end close process and preparation of financial submission templates.
2. Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations with analysis to history and forecasted projections.
3. Responsible for preparation and submission of weekly and monthly Borrowing Base Reports to Corporate and assist with BBR audits (twice a year).
4. Prepare assigned items for quarterly audit. Distribute and monitor progress on audit request lists and schedules required prior to fieldwork, ensuring all requests are met promptly and accurately.
5. Point of contact for general accounting questions.
6. Preparation of bank reconciliations and maintaining supporting files. Research and explain any corrections required or unusual activity.
7. Assist other departments with account analysis and research needs.
8. Promote teamwork within department and across organizational groups.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting
2. 2+ years accounting experience (preferred, but not required)
3. Knowledge and understanding of Sarbanes Oxley (preferred)
4. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
5. Must have strong/advanced Excel skills
6. Ability to stay positive and work well with diverse groups
7. Must demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills
8. Proficient in accounting software and ability to apply basic accounting concepts
9. Detail oriented with strong work ethic