We are currently hiring an INTERNAL AUDITOR for our Duluth, GA location.
Please note, this position may require up to 30% travel, including international.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Internal Auditor supports the completion of the risk assessment process and related annual internal audit plan(s) by conducting professional operational, compliance and financial audits. The Internal Auditor shall have responsibility to comply with the IIA International Professional Practices Framework. He or she will work under the general guidance of the VP of Compliance and Internal Audit.
Below is a summary of duties and responsibilities. The list is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned.
- Identify areas of risk, trends, or processes that require immediate or further review and ensure that the appropriate staff members are notified timely.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Prepare memos, process walkthroughs, and reports based on audit findings.
- Assist the independent auditors with annual and interim substantive/SOX testing as requested.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Assist in the scope and schedule of the internal audit department for the coming year.
- Present findings to the divisional leadership, when appropriate.
- Assist with special projects.
- Assist independent auditors with annual and interim substantive/SOX testing.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, databases and tools.
- CPA/CIA preferred but not required.
- Public accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field. Experience and employment history will be considered.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Fluent in Spanish a plus