Plan and budget for personnel, equipment supplies, etc., coordinate, control and manage all related Accounting activities. Collect record and report all [PEO] financial activities, related expenditures and receipts in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals. Prepare checks for authorized signature and payment of approved taxes. Responsible for various federal and state tax compliance and related tax research associated with the PEO industry. Ensure all activities are executed in accordance with all laws, outsource agreements and within [PEO] contracts. Remain current and functional with all company related Finance and Accounting software. Ensure services are executed in accordance with all laws and within contract terms, bid pricing and carrier/vendor/TPA agreements. Assist with software tool selection, and remain current with all company operations software interfaces. Assist with carrier/vendor/TPA evaluation and selection, and monitor/evaluate performance. Establish controls to ensure complete and accurate capture of all [PEO] financial activities in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals. Manage Finance and Accounting staff not to exclude the Payroll Department. Work with Service Teams, President and outsource vendor(s) to ensure quality service and resolution of issues.
• Create, budget and help manage expenditures.
• Establish and maintain operational policy.
• Evaluate staff Semi-annually.
• Approve internal employee expenditures.
• Manage and assist with the preparation of tax forms and payments.
• Meet with prospects, when necessary.
• Conduct daily cash management.
• Manage ACH.
• Prepare for audits and participate with auditors
• Prepare financial reports and advise management.
• Attend and participate in DAS company management meetings.
• Participate in strategic decision making, including setting goals and decisions products services as well as mergers and acquisitions.
• Establish training requirements.
• Ensure new personnel receive appropriate training.
• Participate in the evaluation of prospective client information and make recommendations.
• Make recommendations for client termination.
• Assist with evaluation and selection of carriers/vendors/TPAs.
• Evaluate carrier/vendor/TPA performance.
• Research federal and state matters related to (PEO) operations.
• Manage and assist with special projects involving federal and state tax issues.
• Assist with preparation of tax footnotes and other tax related information for financial statements.
• Assist with the review and verification for all expenditures.
• Assist with the coding and posting bills/receipts to proper accounts.
• Verify receipt of client payment.
• Assist with collection of past due accounts.
• Reconcile accounts.
• Stay current in Finance, Accounting and related fields.
• Daily ACH Transactions for Payroll Reconciliation
• Degree in Accounting and Finance, minor in Business Administration; MBA a plus.
• Five years managing Accounting Department for medium sized (250+ employee) company or PEO
• Computer functional in Finance and Accounting software
Delta is a drug free workplace. Successful completion of pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.