- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Quality Engineer- Contract- Job # 3780
Worksite: Houston, TX Hybrid preferred, Remote is Alternative.
Our client located in Houston, TX is seeking a Quality Engineer for a contract opportunity.
• Identify and define test scenarios based on business requirements
• Create and execute testcases according to established plans and scripts, document problems in an issue log, and raise defects in bug tracking tool (Jira)
• Collaborate with the team in creation and execution of highly complex testcases according to established plans and scripts, documenting problems in an issue log, and raising defects in bug tracking tool (Jira)
• Assists with the execution of advanced tests according to established plans and scripts, documents problems in an issue log, and retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved
• Create test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test implementation logic and verify business/data flow
• Coordinate with business analysts to understand the requirements
• Collaborate with lead to determine the test plan and overall testing strategy
• Identify, recommend and implement changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies
• Track quality assurance metrics
• Daily Stand-up meeting
• Backlog grooming meeting
• Sprint planning meeting
• Sprint retrospective meeting
• Sprint demo
• Requirement discussions
SKILLS REQUIRED: 3+ Years Experience with:
• Cloud based testing
• Web services testing
• Agile test methodologies/tools
• Analytical skills
• Debugging and problem-solving skills
• Verbal and written communication
• Strength in QA processes : End to End understanding from all aspects - Test planning , Test case writing , reviews , reports etc.. to Sign off - Higher exp resource should know all processes of QA- regression Testing , Sanity Testing ,Functional Testing, Defect life cycle Severity and Priority etc..
• Hands on in any Test management system Jira/ALM
• SQL :Hands -on and well versed in basic SQL. Must be thorough in writing SQL queries
• Soft Skills -Should have good problem-solving ability, positive attitude towards work and efficient in communication
- Automation/Scripting /Programming knowledge exposure is desirable.
- Basic knowledge is needed on any Automation
- Strong ETL and Power BI experience
- Basic working knowledge on Linux and Docker
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.
***Equal Opportunity Employer***
Delphi-US is a national recruiting firm based in Newport, Rhode Island. We specialize in IT, Engineering and Professional Staffing services for organizations from Main Street to Wall Street. Our mission is simple: To connect great people to great companies. We accomplish this with a proprietary skill-based and cultural matching process that results in higher qualified submissions along with increased interviews and offer rates. You’ll find our team is friendly, professional and ready to advocate on your behalf, armed with industry trends, and a dedication to client expectations. ***Equal Opportunity Employer***