Project Administrator / Coordinator - 3862
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Project Coordinator / Administrator- Contract – Job # 3862
Location: 100% Remote with work hours primarily in the Eastern Time Zone
Our client is a leading global biopharma organization that is focused on developing and delivering high-quality medicines for individuals with serious and rare conditions. They are experiencing an exciting time in their history which is providing a strong continuous growth path
Our client needs a consultant to perform the role of Project Administrator/Coordinator. The consultant will be responsible for coordinating with project managers in the Infrastructure Delivery team and assist on multiple projects simultaneously. The majority of these projects will focus on cloud implementation and migration efforts. This role is 100% remote.
The consultant will work in a Project Management Organizational setting. The consultant will be assigned to a specific project team(s) and oversee projects from start to finish.
This role is currently funded for 12 months and there is a strong likelihood that the contract will be extended. Assuming the funding is extended past the initial 12-month contract, the role could become a full-time role with our client
Because the consultant will be working on projects which are located across the U.S, the consultant. must be able to work EST, CST, and PST hours. Our client will work hard to ensure the consultant’s assigned projects are in the same time zone, although there may be a rare occasion when the consultant’s responsibilities and schedules span across multiple time zones.
The majority of projects will be in the Eastern Time Zone. The consultant will need to be logged in to their systems from 7:30 am - 7:00 pm EST Monday – Friday although actual work hours are 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST.
This will normally be a 40-hour work week however, there may be off-hours and weekend work. Any hours worked over the standard 40 hours must be approved by our client. Any hours over 40 will be paid at a straight-time hourly rate or will be compensated with PTO.
- *Depending on the size and or scope of the project(s), the consultant will be assigned to either a single project team or multiple project teams and will be responsible for working with infrastructure project managers, delivery managers & colleagues from IT to ensure that project schedules are adhered to and all parties are on the same page regarding progress*
- The consultant will assist with establishing plans and milestones
- Once project plans are established, the consultant will ensure schedules are being met, communicate changes, and ensure documentation is kept up to the minute.
- The consultant will help maintain and document best practice playbooks that other infrastructure project managers can follow
- Maintain team project status reports and update relevant portals.
- The consultant will interact with individuals and teams from all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations, workshop facilitation, and scheduling. and other non-traditional forms of communication.
- Ensure team members’ calendars and charts are up to date and ensure attendance at meetings.
- Be able to verbally communicate adherence to schedules, meetings, etc in a diplomatic fashion
- Escalate problems and issues when appropriate
- ^^ Be able to work across multiple US time zones, off-hours, and weekends as needed. (See final 3 paragraphs in Job Description
* Example: The consultant may be assigned to a project team that requires only 15 hours/week of project administration therefore, the consultant will be assigned to another project which needs 25 + - hours of project administration. *
- 1-3 years of experience working as a project coordinator/administrator or experience working as an intern as a project coordinator in a biopharma/life sciences environment
- Ability to manage multiple schedules simultaneously across a matrixed organization
- Ability to communicate with a variety of personalities to ensure adherence to schedules
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to foresee problems
- Strong knowledge and experience with MS Office /Teams.
- Strong knowledge and experience with project management tools. As our client is using Asana and Jira Work Management, those tools will be highly preferred.
- Ability to administer to several concurrent projects and prioritize demands.
- Ability and experience administering multiple smaller projects within one large program.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn and properly use BioPharma / Life Sciences jargon and terminology
- Must possess excellent English verbal and writing communication skills
- Possess and use diplomatic communication styles
- Ability and desire to ensure members adhere to scheduled meetings and tasks.
- Ability and desire to learn, understand and use IT data center terminology.
- Ability and desire to do whatever it takes to get the job done including working off-hours, extra hours, holidays, and weekends if needed.
- Ability and desire to be available Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 7:00 pm EST
- Experience working in a BioPharma / Life Sciences environment.
- Prior knowledge of and proper use of BioPharma / Life Sciences jargon and terminology
- Project Management experience
- Experience working in an IT infrastructure/data center environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; education preferably concentrated in IT, Engineering, Business, or Science.
- Experience working within a global, matrix organization.
- Person who is working towards ITIL, PMP, and or other project management certifications
- ITIL PMP, or other Project Management Certification(s)
- Functional knowledge of cGMPs and manufacturing operations in FDA regulated
- Consultant must be a U.S. Citizen or Possess a valid Green Card
- Consultant will need to pass a background investigation and a drug screen
Delphi-US: The Peacemakers In The Talent War
Delphi-US is a national recruiting firm specializing in IT, Engineering, and Professional Staffing Services for premier corporations in a multitude of industries across the United States. We are The Peacemakers In The Talent War – bringing the best and brightest talent to Employers of Choice, enabling critical project success, fostering progressive employment relationships, and promoting competitive advantages for our Clients and the Talent Marketplace we serve.
Delphi accomplishes this with a proprietary skill-based and cultural matching process that results in higher qualified submissions along with increased interviews and offer rates. You’ll find our team is highly experienced, friendly, professional, and ready to advocate on your behalf, armed with industry trends, and an understanding of employer expectations.
***Equal Opportunity Employer***
Delphi-US is a national recruiting firm based in Newport, Rhode Island. We specialize in IT, Engineering and Professional Staffing services for organizations from Main Street to Wall Street. Our mission is simple: To connect great people to great companies. We accomplish this with a proprietary skill-based and cultural matching process that results in higher qualified submissions along with increased interviews and offer rates. You’ll find our team is friendly, professional and ready to advocate on your behalf, armed with industry trends, and a dedication to client expectations. ***Equal Opportunity Employer***