Our client is actively seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their team. They will be responsible for planning and overseeing Digital projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. Selected candidate will need to plan and designate project resources, dependencies, milestone, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and summarize progress of project, as well as prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution. Monitor progress and adjust as needed.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements where required.
- Track project costs in order to meet budget.
- Will coach and mentor less-experienced team members and act as team leader on more complicated systems projects.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study. Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree and at least seven years of project management experience with three years of increasing responsibilities.
- Five years of project management experience required.
- Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate and/or Agile Certification.
- Managing multiple projects of large scope. Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodology. Agile Project Management methodologies. Complex enterprise application deployments and integrations.
- Aiding in definition of systems strategy, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Presenting, communicating and articulating effectively to all levels of the organization (including technical and non-technical audiences, Senior Leadership, VPs and C-Level Executives).
- Ability to interface with senior-level stakeholders in both Information Technology and the business units to partner on project scope, risk mitigation and issue resolution. Understanding all aspects of the IT Governance and reporting. Project planning and budgeting. Ability to create, own and present executive level presentations or communications.
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
May require advanced skills in one or more of the following: Written and verbal communication skills as well as listening skills. Successfully leading a project team reach its business objectives within set timeframes. Attention to detail. Analytical and qualitative abilities.