Our client a leading healthcare provider located in the Boston, MA area is looking for a Imaging Informatics Senior Specialist.
In this role you would be responsible for the support, maintenance, functionality, development and data integrity of the Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS), Voice Recognition (VR), MagView and other related applications. This individual will coordinate problem resolution and translates issues into recommendations for future software versions or modifications to daily operations. You will serve as a liaison between clinical services, technical staff, software and equipment vendors, and Radiology operations managers.
• Demonstrate professionalism when interacting with employees and business partners.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues, other hospital personnel, and vendors for application and process related issues, activities and initiatives.
• Attendance at tradeshows and conferences relevant to the position as deemed necessary.
• Attend and participates in Departmental/Hospital meetings.
• Attend seminars and training sessions necessary to maintain appropriate level of professional competence.
Business Process Management:
• Process-flow Mapping - Mapping for primary business operations mode (Registration, Ordering, Scheduling, Image Acquisition, Image Viewing, Diagnostic Reporting and Viewing, Billing, Management, Reporting and Viewing)
• Workflow Mapping - mapping for primary business end-users (Administrative, Technology, Radiology)
• Data Mapping - Mapping data within and between primary business systems/applications.
• Ensures guidelines are met.
Systems / Application Management:
• Testing - End to end testing of process flows, workflows and data flows. Develops, maintains and executes QC/validation test plans associated with upgrades of PACS, MagView and VR
• Training - Educating and coaching colleagues and end-users on process flows, workflows and data flows.
• Work closely with the Senior Applications Manager to ensure the smooth running of the underlying architecture e.g. application, database, web, tablets, interfaces, integration, storage subsystems, and disaster recovery.
• Participates in the monitoring, maintaining, upgrading and/or re-engineering of VR and related interfaces.
• escalation of issues to vendors and Senior Systems Manager.
• Monitor Service Requests generated for PACS, PowerScribe360, MagView and associated subsystems to ensure timely responses and closure of all requests.
• Ensure timely responses, communication and closure of service requests.
• Provides end user training for PACS, VR and MagView applications.
• Performs other functions as required and/or assigned.
• Responsible for communicating to project sponsors, stakeholders, team members and Imaging Leadership all relative project information.
• Owns the development, management and execution of all project plans and schedules.
• Identifies, escalates and manages project risks and issues to resolution.
• Responsible for project administration to include but not limited to, scheduling meetings, reserving conference rooms and conference dial in numbers, creating and distribution of agendas, meeting minutes, schedules, risk/issues logs and status reports.
• Ability to carry out position with high degree of customer service, communication, teamwork, and timeliness.
• Must be able to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
• Outstanding business process analytic skills
• Familiarity with Radiology Information Systems (PACS, RIS, VR) in general and industry standards such as HL7 and DICOM communication.
• Strong technical and general IS skills, including hardware, software, personal computers and networking.
• Ability to work well under pressure and on concurrent, multidisciplinary projects.
• Proficiency in office automation systems i.e. Windows OS, MS Office, etc.
• 2-4 years of experience with Information Systems (IS), technology architecture and/or software platforms.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with healthcare information systems and/or Radiology operations beneficial.