We are recruiting for an AVP of IT Delivery, Application Development for our Fortune 250 client in Columbia, SC. This position would be managing 2 Directors with up to 50 direct reports encompassing software development, test engineering, and development operations.
Our client is undertaking a wholesale digital transformation of our business. Our client is looking for an experienced software development leader to help create the next generation of software for our client. Individuals in this role provide leadership and guidance to multiple agile application development teams. The leader will be responsible for strategy, implementation, delivery, and support of applications used by clients and implementation of new products for the firm. They will leverage technology to enable, enhance and transform business capabilities and services. They are instrumental in the implementation of the portfolio roadmap and ongoing portfolio management activity, taking into consideration technical, financial and people resources for successful execution and delivery. They develop and cultivate both IT and business partner relationships and effectively communicate and execute IT plans in support of the IT or business goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience managing budgets, building and recruiting talented teams, creating and enforcing SDLC processes, ensuring application stability, and consistently delivering high quality software.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Leads functional areas of IT to build, enhance, transform, or support technology and/or business services by successfully delivering on outcomes.
· Engages in strategic planning with business and IT stakeholders to provide direction, guidance or recommendations on technology and architectural considerations.
· Defines a portfolio of change and roadmap. Engages and influences IT and business leaders to ensure the portfolio will deliver agreed business objectives.
· Collaborates with IT leadership across various disciplines, provides guidance, direction or recommendations to address a wide range of business and technology needs with emphasis on optimized, timely and successful delivery.
· In collaboration with the IT VP, initiates and influences relationships with and between key stakeholders involved in the management and implementation of IT plans, acts as a point of contact for stakeholders, planners, designers, and operational business partners.
· In collaboration with the IT VP and IT finance creates and manages budgets.
· Applies innovative methods utilizing IT assets and capabilities in alignment with the organization’s strategic direction and tactical plans.
· Highly proficient in applying knowledge of IT’s technology framework(s), technical environment, and cross-organizational IT functions in technical choices for a variety of large, strategic efforts.
· In partnership with practice leaders, drives application of the company’s technical and architectural roadmap objectives.
· Leverages deep understanding of IT, emerging technologies, and technical capabilities to guide and influence stakeholders and teams in developing solutions, build, deployment, testing and ongoing management of IT services.
· Ensures capability deliveries are aligned across business functions and within multiple agile and/or operational teams for execution and delivery success.
· In support of the management team, takes bold action to ensure a strong, diverse talent and leadership pipeline is in place to meet aggressive business goals. Develops, coaches and engages people to higher levels of performance.
· Understands the needs of a self-organizing team (cross-functioning, partners with the business, collaborative, works quickly and unencumbered, be empowered and autonomous, be able to focus on self-improvement) and supports the management activities that make self-organization successful.
· Ensures that the agile teams apply the best software engineering practices including, but not limited to: test driven development, peer reviews, continuous integration and deployment practices, unit and regression test automation, comprehensive approach to addressing non-functional requirements, adherence to standards, comprehensive ‘definition of done,’ team retrospectives, etc.
· Understands patterns and trends that contribute to utilizing key performance indicators and critical success factors that will improve the performance of the organization.
· Develops influential relationships with internal and external partners and vendors at the senior management level, including industry leaders.
· Proven leadership in executing IT plans successfully that enable technical or business capabilities and address technology or business priorities.
· Strong understanding of Agile/Lean/Service Management leadership principles.
· Exhibits courage by taking smart risks and encouraging others to do so; empowers innovative approaches by motivating others to be proactive and resourceful.
· Proven and demonstrated knowledge and skills in one or more functions, technologies or industries.
· Able to apply broad business and technology understanding of internal and external trends and capabilities, to ensure successful implementation of IT plans.
· Able to communicate a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the process.
· Demonstrates a capacity for strategic and critical thinking.
· Interacts with others, internally and externally, in a way that gives them confidence in their intentions and those of the organization.
· Demonstrates depth of IT knowledge with a diverse technical experience; is seen as execution and delivery focused.
· Strong knowledge of applicable security and privacy practices and regulations.
· Knows how to make and sustain a business case through effective benefits management, and demonstrates the ability to make and take responsibility for, adventurous and innovative decisions on major technical and service delivery issues.
· Has strong planning, communication and presentation skills, and the capability to listen and influence.
· Has a bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, software engineering, or similar discipline.
· Has 10+ years of experience in software development, at least 5 of which are in a people management position.
· Hands on experience with the following technology: C#, Java, RPA, SDLC
· Experience with Data Integrations services and legacy transformation
· Experience with managing budgets and strategic planning. Execution/Implementation of plans.
· Demonstrates passion for technology and keeps abreast of latest state of the art.
· Experience in financial services or insurance industries is a plus.
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.