Tri Axle Driver
- Position Title: Truck Driver Class B or A
- Work Location: Andover, MA
- Job Specific Information:
- Summary: Triaxle dump driver to delivery materials to and from various job sites. Would be helpful if applicant had TWIC card and low bed experience.
- Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirement listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive trucks and trailers to transport heavy oversized equipment sand loads
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skill in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations: such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, or in tight loading/unloading areas on and off highway and private dirt roads.
- Abide by all Company, DOT, State and Federal transportation safety regulations
- Ensure load is properly secured and weight is evenly distributed on truck and trailer. Check binders to ensure load is secure
- Inspect tractor, trailer and equipment for defects and safe operating condition before (pre-trip) and after trips as applicable also when stopped during the work day, and submits a driver’s daily vehicle inspection report (DVIR) on the condition no later than the end of each day.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance to ensure fluid levels and tire pressures are maintained
- Brake adjustments are the responsibility of driver to ensure they are properly adjusted daily
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including driver’s logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records required by law, or by company standards.
- Ensure that all shipping documentation (bills of landing, weight tickets, etc.) required to move with shipment are available for inspection, that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipments when delivered, and that signed bills of lading for proof of delivery are turned in daily.
- Report all accidents/incidents involving driver or company equipment immediately after incident occurs to Supervisor and Safety Director.
- Promptly report and delays due to breakdown, weather or traffic conditions, or other emergencies. Report if there are regular delays or abnormal delays in getting unloaded or loaded, or in the event of irregularities relating to pickup or delivery
- Use Company Radio and or Central Band (CB) radio ensuring appropriate communication and language
- Position travels outside the local area but usually within the state 85% of the time
- Qualification/Physical Requirements:
- Minimum 5 – 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- This position requires a Class “A” or "B" Drivers License, current DOT physical examination card, and clean DMV record
- Heavy equipment/Lowbed hauling experience helpful but not Required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure or legal manuals. Ability to complete/write regular documents related to the truck and delivery of materials
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and calculate load weight
- The employee if frequently required to walk, sit, stand, and communicate and occasionally required to smell
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and below 85 DB
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration and occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid condition; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat
- Application Process:
- Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Send a fax to (978)-475-7177
Equal Opportunity Employer, Valuing Diversity of our Workforce and Offering a Drug Free Workplace
Why Work Here?Commercial/Civil Site Development Company
Good pay, full-time, year round work