Senior Consultant, Health Care, Operating Model Transformation
Amid uncertainty and change, health care stakeholders are looking for new ways to transform the journey of care. By focusing on the differentiated needs of plans and providers, our US health care practice helps clients transform uncertainty into possibility, and rapid change into lasting progress. Deloitte s Health Plans practitioners can help you use analytics to gain insight, capture value in Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid markets, understand retail health, and transition to value-based care.
Work you ll do
Senior Consultants perform detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address health cares biggest challenges. Responsibilities typical of a Senior Consultant on one of these projects could include:
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
- Develop work plans for components of an engagement
- Coordinate activities between work streams
- Provide guidance to junior practitioners as they manage large, confidential, and complex data sets
- Facilitate client interviews / client meetings and develop workshops
- Develop process flows depicting pain points in the business process
- Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
- Design deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract
- Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
- Mentor junior staff
Our Operations Transformation team focuses on transforming our clients core business operations. We advise, design, implement, and deploy solutions focused on heart of the business issues in specific sectors including Health Care, Banking & Securities, Insurance, and Energy & Resources. Our Market Offerings include Operating Model Transformation, Payments & Revenue Cycle Innovation, and Emerging Business Models.
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a more strategic view of our clients priorities, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda, and maximize operational efficiency.
- Bachelor s degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in Healthcare industry, or a mix of a few years industry experience and functioning as a Senior Consultant in a Consulting environment.
- Industry experience to include working with health plans, pharmacy benefit managers (PBM), retail health organizations or Third-Party Administrator (TPA).
- 3 years experience with Pharmacy Benefit Management industry (e.g., business operations, sales & account management, reporting and insights, and/or product management)
- Experience with Pharmacy Benefit and Formulary Implementation, Pharmacy Claim Adjudication, Pharmacy Benefit Operations, Specialty Pharmacy Benefits, Mail Order Pharmacy
- Experience with Pharmacy benefit, formulary, network design and management, Drug benefit pricing, utilization management program operations, Medicare Part D operations
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Professional experience with operational process mapping and performance improvement
- Professional experience with healthcare cost reduction planning and implementation
- Excellent undergraduate academic record (GPA 3.5 )
- Advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e.g., MHA, MBA, MPH) from a top tier program
- Professional competence in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skill
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team, and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. at https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. at http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html
Deloitte s culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte s impact on the world. at http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. at http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html
Category: Management Consulting
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.