Senior Administrative Assistant
What You'll Do
The Senior Administrative Assistant plays an integral role in supporting the success of the practice by providing a variety of administrative services to our Partners, Principals, and Managing Directors (PPMDs) in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment. The successful candidate will thrive in a team environment, provide excellent customer service, possess a high degree of self-confidence and executive presence, exercise discretion and diplomacy in all interactions, have the ability to proactively anticipate and manage challenges, be a self-starter with strong abilities to manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize appropriately, work efficiently and remain flexible to changes in schedule and work hours (including flexibility to work overtime as required).
Expected administrative activities include project coordination, calendar and mailbox management, research, travel arrangements, time and expense management, meeting coordination, and back-up support for other team members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for internal clients (such as partners and directors of the firm).
- Coordinates meetings and conferences and may attend department meetings and prepare minutes as directed.
- Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion.
- Develop a good working relationship with all levels of staff.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain contact with external clients on behalf of internal clients.
- Function as a backup for other Administrative Assistants within the group and support other teaming activities as directed.
- Prepare requisitions for specific office purchases with appropriate authorization and arranges for payments.
- Search and collect information from various internal/external sources to provide preliminary research.
- Make time and expense entries accurately in a timely manner.
- Compose business correspondence under direction from the clients served.
- Handle all incoming calls proficiently and follow through with issues raised with appropriate parties.
- Provide communication summaries and place calls on behalf of client as directed.
- Arrange essential mail both paper and electronic to help expedite client actions and avoid missing deadlines.
- Prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters, invoices and emails with some direction from client.
- Adhere to firm directed formats including fonts and logos for all internal and external communication documents.
Organizing and Planning
- Arrange and reserve conference rooms, catering, audio visual and telephony equipment for meetings and conferences as requested by client.
- Arrange international and domestic travel under guidance from the client in accordance with firm policy.
- Coordinate and arrange logistics for external functions including meetings, conferences, entertainment, receptions and dinner arrangements with minimal direction from the client.
- Prepare official agenda for meetings.
- Compile materials for training and meetings with minimal direction and instruction from client.
Filling and Document Management
- Develop and maintains effective filing system for the management of client needs and requirements, including classified and confidential files.
- Maintain contact details for client (business contacts etc).
- Maintain reference library (articles and business subscriptions).
- Process records for destruction or disposition with supervision.
- Maintain and update electronic files in eDRMS, eRooms and SharePoint sites as requested.
- College Degree supporting executives in a large/matrixed corporate environment, or relevant customer service experience.
- Professional demeanor.
- Organized, detail-oriented, competent follow through skills.
- Excellent computer skills - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills - spelling, grammar and proofreading.