ContentWriter, Manager Deloitte Insights for CMOs
Deloitte Services LP is searching for anexperienced reporter/journalist to develop and write content, edit, polishexisting content, and ghost write articles for an audience of Chief Marketing Officers(CMOs) and other marketing execs. The resulting material and thought leadershipwill appear in Deloitte s sponsored content module in a premium business daily.
Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries (the DeloitteU.S. firms), the world s largest professional services organization, providesassurance and advisory, tax, and management consulting services with clients inmore than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of theworlds most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percentof the Fortune 100. The Deloitte U.S. firms are dedicated to helping ourclients and our people excel. Deloitte is an employer of choice for innovativehuman resources programs. For five consecutive years, Fortune magazine recognizedDeloitte LLP and its subsidiaries as one of the "100 Best Companies toWork for in America." The Deloitte U.S. firms are part of Deloitte ToucheTohmatsu Limited, one of the world's leading professional services firms, withmore than 140,000 people in more than 135 countries.
Thework you ll do
The position demands current knowledge ofmarketing-related topics, trends, and issues of interest to CMOs. The positionrequires exceptional interviewing and writing skills, including the ability towrite for an executive audience. The ideal candidate excels in short- to medium-formjournalism and can consistently distill complex topics into concise,insightful, and compelling stories for busy executives. The candidate must alsobe comfortable operating in a highly matrixed organization, possess a highlevel of professionalism, and demonstrate a commitment to quality while meetingtight deadlines.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Developing compelling narratives fromavailable data and information on CMO-related topics
- Ghostwriting fresh, concise articles and shortpieces for publication
- Interviewing external luminaries and Deloittepractitioners, and translating their insights and perspectives into compelling,professionally written articles
- Fostering ongoing relationships with Deloittesubject matter experts and teamsthe primary sources of content for publication
- Continually monitoring and identifyingdevelopments affecting CMOs and other marketing executives
- Maintaining a working knowledge of current andemerging business trends and the impacts these trends have on marketingmanagement. The team
- Five-plus years experience reporting and writingon marketing-related topics for a news, publishing, or professional servicesorganization in an environment where every day the writer composes writtendeliverables for a senior-level audience
- Bachelor s degree in Journalism, English, or Communications
- Broad, current understanding of marketingtrends
- Excellent stylist capable of producing cleancopy quickly
- Proven experience in short- and medium-formjournalism (300-800 words) with ability to distill complex topics to under1,200 words.
- Excellent interpersonal skills accompanied bysignificant experience interviewing senior executives (in person and via phone)
- Experience with cross-platform digitalpublishing and with multiple content types (blogs, webcasts, embedded video,etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Knowledge of APstyle guide
- Well-developed time, resource, and projectmanagement skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, responsiveness,attention to detail, resourcefulness
- A commitment to excellence and a high degreeof professionalism
- Ability to work remotely as part of a team,with a can-do attitude
- Willingness to adhere to all Deloittestandards for quality and brand
- Availability to travel as needed to covermeetings, conferences, etc.
- Line editing and/or copyediting experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce, WordPress,Microsoft PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience at or with a professional services firm
At Deloitte, ourprofessional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of theircareer to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there s always room tolearn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-onexperience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences toformal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunitiesto continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we knowthat great people make a great organization. We value our people and offeremployees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. at http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html
Deloitte s culture
Our positive andsupportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. Wecelebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them theflexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy,centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and arecontinuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people exceland lead healthy, happy lives. Learnmore about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by apurpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are andextends to relationships with our clients, our people, and ourcommunities. We believe that businesshas the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving,skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impactin our communities. Learn more about Deloitte s impact on the world. at http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html
We want job seekers exploringopportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with yourinterview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about theorganization and the business area you re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. at http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html
Category: Communications and Public Relations
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.