Position : Composite Technician
Location : Chicago Il 60620
Duration : 4 Months Temp
Pay : $20/hr
Job Description :
Responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on switcher and local locomotives. Must be able to perform duties while adhering to company safety standards and all applicable local, state and federal rules regarding locomotives maintenance and repair. Assists other associates and completes special assignments as needed.
· Assumes responsibility for the timely and effective performance of maintenance procedures.
· Fuel, sand and daily inspections of locomotives.
· Performs preventive maintenance according to established schedules.
· Clean oils, fills tanks, and adjust equipment to ensure smooth operations.
· Complete basic repairs on equipment and machines.
· Trouble shoots and repairs diesel engines, electrical systems, air brake systems.
· Field service work.
· Travels to locations in and around Chicago, IL using company vehicles to perform maintenance duties in the field.
· Conducts regular visual inspections of maintenance equipment including company vehicles.
· Completes all maintenance functions in accordance with established procedures, policies, and safety regulations.
· Assumes responsibility for the efficient, timely, and accurate completion of maintenance records.
· Update maintenance logbooks.
· Signs off work orders to reflect work complete. Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with area personnel.
· Meets the needs of the customer by completing maintenance functions in a timely manner.
· Makes suggestions to improve operational procedures as appropriate.
· Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant equipment problems. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
· Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
· Stays informed of maintenance requirements.
· Completes special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum education, job experience, certifications, skills, knowledge and abilities that incumbent must typically have to perform the essential functions of the job acceptably with or without a reasonable accommodation.
· High school degree or equivalent; training in maintenance and repair operations and safety certification may be required.
· Knowledge of basic mechanics.
· Knowledge of machine testing procedures.
· Understanding of equipment maintenance requirements.
· One year in diesel engine or electrical repairs.
· Attention to detail.
· Able to schedule work.
· Solid problem-solving skills.
· Good oral communication abilities.
· Able to sue all related mechanical and testing equipment.
Specialized equipment used in this job
· Computer and office equipment
· MS Office
Other skills and qualifications
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables. Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two-digit numbers; the four basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units such as inch, foot, yard: once, and pound (or their metric counterparts).
5. PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Type, amount, and frequency of physical effort typically required to perform the essential functions of the job acceptably; including the work positions in which the effort is applied, with or without a reasonable accommodation.