On behalf of the City of Huber Heights, serves as a representative of working in the distribution and collection system.
Dimensions / Supervisory Responsibilities:
Actions are controlled by standard work procedures and under direct supervision of others.
· High School or Equivalent
· Must have and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license.
Work Experience Needed:
· Experience in construction/plumbing helpful.
· 1 year experience in Water Distribution System industry preferred
· 1 year experience in Sewer Collection System preferred
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
· Must have a valid CDL Class B & medical card (not a driving position, only driving to and from job sites.)
· Ability to record numbers accurately.
· Ability to troubleshoot customer issues.
· Clean driving record.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
· May be responsible to repair water mains and or clean sanitary sewer mains.
· Requires approximately 100% of time in the field.
· Driving to and from Job sites in company vehicles or equipment.
· Position has on-call responsibilities.
· Must be able to respond to a call within no more than 30 minutes.
· Other duties as assigned
Performs, under direct supervision:
· Using proper PPE - Enter excavated main break sites and repair water main
· Using proper PPE - Sometimes enter sanitary sewer manholes to clear debris.
· Understand and carry out written and/or verbal work orders and assignments
· Perform simple math calculations with the use of a calculator
· May collect water quality samples, test and maintain collection records
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb stairs or ladders; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee may must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to distinguish color, close vision and distance vision.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, limited exposure to higher noise level (within OSHA standards) may occur.
· Please note.. on call overtime is required & employee must be able to respond to a customer issue after hours within 30 minutes of receiving a call from the answering service. This means they need to live within an area where they could respond within this time fram. Also please note temp will be required to have a CDL Class B and a valid medical card or D.O.T, Med Card or D.O.T. Physical and license.
++ driving is 10% of this job. will be operating dump truck and Vaccon
· Please confirm that candidate is within 30 minutes within Huber Heights upon submitting resumes.