The primary purpose of the job is to:
The Sourcing Consultant is responsible for developing category sourcing and negotiation strategies for acquiring complex goods and services by reducing costs, and achieving organizational objectives. The Sourcing Consultant will advise internal stakeholders on critical supply decisions, and will combine analytical thinking with hands-on implementation in solving the organization’s most difficult sourcing challenges.
• Deep experience with medical management, specialty pharmacy and professional service spend categories.
• Experience managing supply contracts, including complex long-term contracts, short-term transactional agreements and consulting engagements.
• A history of leading high-impact sourcing initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business requirements and develop/execute tactical & strategic plans to meet business needs.
• A minimum of 7 years of Procurement and/or Contract Management experience with a record of increased responsibility and/or work complexity within a best practice environment; exposure to supplier management, category spend analysis, supplier rationalization programs, and bid management; and familiarity with applicable laws, procurement concepts, best practices, trends and issues.
• Demonstrated ability to draft contractual terms, assess and mitigate contractual risk.
• Excellent organization, prioritization, project management, and problem solving skills.
• Strong research, writing and communication skills.
• High proficiency or mastery of Excel and other Microsoft applications, and strong technical aptitude.
• An eagerness to learn, personable demeanor and demonstrated ability to interact in a team oriented environment across multiple levels of an organization.
• An ability to lead, manage and participate on project teams with shared responsibility for outcomes and decision-making.
• Results oriented and familiar with taking a data-driven approach.
• Strong focus on quality and integrity.
• Resourcefulness and creativity.
• The ability to take direction, work independently, and perform detailed work in a high-paced, dynamic environment; handle multiple projects simultaneously; and ensure tasks are completed and deadlines are met as required.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues, and demonstrate initiative, mature judgment, superior customer service orientation, and the ability to anticipate the needs of the organization.
• Healthcare industry experience, and an advanced degree and/or consulting experience a plus.
• The willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline.
• Master’s Degree preferred.