Safety & Software Assurance Manager (Aviation/Aerospace)
Della Infotech Inc. Overland Park, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title : Safety & Software Assurance Manager
Location : Overland Park, KS
Duration : 6+ Months
Must be willing to commute to the office post Covid restrictions
- The Safety & Software Assurance Manager position is part of Technical Department, and consists globally in monitoring all activities to demonstrate that the safety objectives have been met, throughout the entire life cycle of the solution.
- Assurance and Engineering responsibilities are separated with regards to Safety with independent reporting lines.
- The Safety & Software Assurance Manager has the overall responsibility to independently verify and validate Safety and Software assurance engineering activities in projects, products and bids and ultimately to ensure that NAS delivered systems as a whole are within their acceptable level of safety. For this, the Safety & Software Assurance Manager interfaces operationally with the relevant Project/Products Design Authorities and Project/Products Safety and Software Managers.
- Maintain the AMS BL safety referential (Safety Management System & instructions) and SW assurance referential
- Provide expert guidance on methodologies and standards to be applied Propose improvements to the AMS BL Safety Management System Is responsible for defining applicable safety and SW assurance instructions compliant with the AMS SMS and for their integration in the overall engineering referential.
- Contribute R&T activities
- Contribute to AMS BL regulatory and standardization activities Contribute to the definition of the safety and SW assurance strategic activities
- Maintain safety and Software assurance culture
- Solid knowledge in the ATM Domain and a good understanding of the underlying implementation technologies.
- Able to evaluate Safety Regulation requirements and Safety Projects requirements and to assess the adequacy of the proposed Safety Solution.
- 5 years' experience managing Safety programs in the Air Traffic Management environment or equivalent Mastering of Safety Regulation and Safety standards:
- System safety standard: Euro control safety assessment, MIL-STD-882 Software Assurance standards including DO-278A/ED 109A, and supplement, ED-153
- Working knowledge of system safety tools and techniques including Fault Tree Analyses, Event Tree Analysis, Goal Structured Notation, HAZOP.
- Proven capability to work in a multi-cultural environment and with variety of international customers.
Master of Science Degree in Computer Sciences or Air Traffic Management sciences
Della Infotech Inc.Why Work Here?
Amazing clients all over the US, always reachable representatives, on-time payments and excellent benefits!
Della Infotech Inc is in staffing business for five years. Over the years, we have placed hundreds of candidates to various temp and permanent positions with our 50+ happy clients all over US and Canada including Fortune 500 corporations.
AddressOverland Park, KS