Position : Process Plant Designer (771235)
Client : water treatment industry
Duration : 9 months (it may be ext)
Location : 3006 Northup Way, Bellevue, Washington- 98004
Category Name: Mechanical Designer
· Prepare 3D models of piping systems for water treatment.
· Prepare drawing packages within project budget and schedule requirements.
· Check systems for compliance to specifications and directly with engineers, designers, and drafters.
Prepare General Arrangement drawings for client approval and shop fabrication.
· Prepare all detail drawings for shop fabrication.
· Prepare Bills of Materials and documentation required for procurement.
· Provide support to resolve / clarify fabrication or production issues.
· Work with Project Engineer and/or structural engineer provide equipment layout drawing and anchor location drawing.
· Participate in process improvements and innovation.
· Perform other design duties as required.
· Ensure policies and procedures are followed as per quality requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
· Associate degree from minimum two-year college; 5 to 10 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in plant design.
· 5 – 10 years of experience with AutoCAD Plant 3D, or other plant design software packages.
· Good working knowledge of industry standard drafting practices.
· Familiar with ASME B31.1 and B31.3 piping standards.
· Experience with P&ID drawings, industrial piping design, and facility layout.
· Proficient in MS-Office (especially MS Excel).
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects within a fast-paced, evolving design environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with the project design team.
· Excellent communication skills with ability to interface with clients, suppliers, and co-workers.
· Self-motivated as well as team player, can work with minimum supervision.
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
· AutoCAD Plant 3D,
· Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word),
· SAP, PDM/EPDM/Vault software.